Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Thoracic Disc SurgerY???

Comments

• Thanks for your thoughts everyone..Ive trialled 2 SCS's and posted about their effective if you want to know anything else please feel free to PM me.
  • Hi Angela,
    So good to hear the latest since your thoracic surgery. I've been out of touch lately....so many worker's comp. appointments/hearings/exams....and I have to drive 5 hours to get to them. I'm depressed and pain is getting worse. I see you have sent me a PM and I'm trying to access it. So far, no luck, but I'll keep trying. I'll also PM you with my email address just in case. Sorry to hear you're having some residual pain from the scar tissue.... but like you said, it's better than the pain you had before! I'm kind of stuck in regards to any surgery. If worker's comp denies my appeal, then my private insurance may still refuse to cover surgery since they would still blame the work injury. I have an attorney now, but the wheels of "justice" move very slowly. I have my FOURTH IME in 2 weeks and this time it's a panel of doctors. Humiliating and useless as far as I'm concerned. But, I have to jump through their hoops. Then, the hearing to decide to accept the disc diagnosis to my claim isn't until late December! So at best, I may be able to get the surgery around the first of the year. I doubt things will go that easily. I anticipate yet another appeal and more waiting. Gosh, anyone else have problems with worker's comp? It's so humiliating!! I just want my back fixed! Oh, I'm sorry, I'm really griping! I feel so defeated...and having chronic pain doesn't help. I'm paying to get a massage next week, just to help me relax. I was considering accupuncture, but I see you don't recommend that. Why? I'm curious. Never tried it myself, so I'm interested in your opinion. Especially since we have similar thoracic issues (T67 annular tear). OK, later and let's all keep the faith!!
  • advertisement
  • I am also wondering why you don't recommend acupuncture. That was something that I was considering trying to see if I could get any relief for my neck and thoracic issues.

Can you share your experience of it please?

Shelly,
    Not wanting to take over your post. :H
    I hope that you are starting to feel a bit better now.
    Take care,
    >:D<
  • The reason I am hating acupuncture is because it is painful... The dr is so sweet and she could only get 2 needles into my thoracic spine and I had to make her stop.. The first needle was like have a bunch of bricks dropped on your spine.. The pressure was so intence and then the 2nd neddle only made it worse.. Then you have to lay there for 30 mins.. That just isn't my idea of fun or relaxing.. And now I am having pain on the left side of my spine and I have NEVER had that before.. That happened when the first needle went in.. The pressure spread to the right and the left so it hadn't helped me any.. So today I had to have my 1st set of spinal injections on the left side of my spine and I know what caused it.. The acupuncture.... I just personalily sucks.!.!.!.!
  • i was also staing on acupuncture. it was paintful because i hate to lay on my stomach...then my whole spine hurt,esspecialy lumbar part...i go 10 time to this but found no relief at all.....
  • advertisement
  • Just to say. I would avoid it like the plague! I had terrible pain and then keeled over. It was awful and resulted in more pain that took 3 months to subside.

I have Thoraxic pain but not as badly a you guys and have had several injections into the muscle which helped for a while.
  • BluesMannBBluesMann Posts: 3
    edited 09/19/2015 - 10:07 PM
    good after noon everyone. i have had acdf @ c5,6,7 and andoscopic laminectomy at l3,4, ,5.
    good news is they were successful in resorting function to left arm and leg and provided significant relief of the pain from those locations. now we are looking at the thoracic spine, which was and continues to be biggest source of pain. herniation said at t3/4, t6/7, and arthritis and bone spurs from t9 to t 12. tremendous pain from spine wrapping round ribs to left then around front eventually, right side follows suit. first nerve root block last thursday , pain even made worse initially. my neurosurgeon is trying everything short of another surgery first, but i am having a hard time trying to find detailed information on the various types of thoracic procedures that are performed. i see tremendous volume of information on the cervical and lumbar areas. can anyone point me to some reliable resources on site or elsewhere?

thank you.

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
    Gary Mann
  • FareedFFareed Abilene , Texas Posts: 61
    is there any update plz? im thinking about surgery T5 and T6 
  • Please let me know who you saw for surgery. I am suffering without answers. Fused C1-T2 and T10 to the sacrum and now have herniations at t2-3 and t10. Need a surgeon who understands the thoracic spine.

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I am closing it.

You can search for articles on this subject or I suggest you create a new discussion

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.