Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What if my neck isn't causing my arm pain after all?

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I'll be praying for the same for you.

Debbie
    I will talk to the NS about it. The more I think about it though I'm pretty sure it isn't my shoulder.
    I'm sure it was very painful when the Dr tried to set yours...ouch! Did you smack him or just think about it?
    Hope you're having a good weekend Charry. How are you feeling?
    Debbie

PS: I bet he's already used it or tried to anyway!
  • advertisement
    Yes I've looked at the dermatome maps and it fits the symptoms.
    I don't have surgery scheduled and yes thats what my next appointment "will be" for. I haven't made the appt. yet. The PM Dr wanted to schedule it but I wanted to wait...I've about waited as long as I can though. I think I need to either have something done or quit whining about it. And since I can't quit whining about it...I really only whine about it on here with you all. My husband and son don't want to hear it and I don't blame them. I get so mad and aggravated at myself!
    How are you Cathie? I hope that everything is going well for you. Do you have very much pain these days?

Take care,
    Debbie
  • So, you're in the proverbial "S--t or get off the pot" situation. LOL I think most of us can relate to that. But you have to do this on your time because it's your issue and nobody can make the decision for you. I know it's scary, but you'll get through it and when it's over, you'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel, even immediately in many cases.

I'm doing ok. I wake up with pretty bad back pain every morning (I just can't find that right sleep number), but take my standard set of meds and 45 minutes later I'm on my walk with Wally. This morning should be interesting because it's raining and he hates rain, but he loves his walk so I'll take him out and see what happens.

I still have some neck pain, but that's usually when I keep my head down too long when I read or get involved in something and keep my head in one position too long. No biggie, though.

Take care, my friend. You'll make the right decision for you and will be better in time. Hang in there.

Cath
  • I couldn't smack him. LOL I was given Fentanyl so I was really out of it even when I was standing and he was pulling my arm. I had to wear a immovable shoulder splint. It was awful I awoke screaming that night. But shoulder surgery was a success and no more pain. I had shoulder pain for 3 years before I had surgery after trying cortisone injections. That Surgeon was so good. He went to the States for a better paying job there he told me. I wish he was still here. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Some reason my message posted three times, must of been with an edit, but duplicated instead twice !

I tried edit / erase, still not working...
    Any suggestions?

Sorry it was long & now posted 3 times = triple bad !
  • Some reason my message posted three times, must of been with an edit, but duplicated instead twice !

I tried edit / erase, still not working...
    Any suggestions?

Sorry it was long & now posted 3 times = triple bad !
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.