Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

5 months later and this isn't where I thought I would be!

Comments

• Hi Shari

Even though it sounds like you overdid it on your weekend away, it must have been nice just being with your husband and doing something different.

In regard to your nephew, I hope justice was done.

Sending you some >:D< >:D< >:D< for today.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Thank you Trish~it is so nice to be able to reach out to others, a place where everyone understands....

I am praying today is a better day~I can handle the physical pain, but the emotional pain on top of it is another story.

One of the blessings in my life is my job! I work with babies and their families in their homes...when I look into their faces, I know I am where I am meant to be. So, I will continue on this recovery road. Hoping this week it won't be too bumpy.

It was nice to spend time with my hubby. We went thru a rough time recently. Things are much better now! :) We need to do that more often...

Wishing for a great day for all!
  • advertisement
  • Jayhawk my friend,

I think of you often. We are going through the same recovery process. I remember when you said your nephew died but I didn't not realize he was killed by someone. I am so sorry the hear that.

I hope work is going well for you. I am still off of work but looking everyday for positions that might open up.

I am glad you and your husband are having some quality "alone" time. I know you needed that.

Tonya

• Hi Shari,
    So sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time. I hope that today has been a better one for you. You will have been at work, so hopefully those cute babies will have made you feel more cheerful.

I'm so glad that you and hubby had a great time at the beach. We did manage to get to the beach too! :-)
    I thought of you.

I have overdone it a bit too and have had some increase in my pains levels. Not slept well at all. Still, that walk along the beach, was wonderful and has done me the world of good.

We are off again on Friday for a week, so won't be able to chat easily, unless I manage to find you late one night.

'Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you'
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
    Gentle hugs and lots of prayers, my friend. :D
  • I'm so sorry that you've had such a tough time. Emotional and physical pain together I'm sure has been exhausting.

I so hope that your family finds peace concerning your nephews passing.

Take care,

Lisa
  • advertisement
  • Yesterday was my 6 months mark. A week ago I was optimistic that I had turned the corner, but I have had a really rough week.

At the end of the week my car was broken into while I was working. My purse was hidden behind the driver seat, there is no way it could be seen. The police feel like it was a professional and he had to have been watching me.

At the time, I had no idea what all was in there, little by little I have realized~everything! My ID, credit/debit cards, expense check, droid smart phone with the sims card, my camera, IPOD, raybans, cherished ring, and a ton of cash....they smashed the window.

The next day I came home to find the ice maker malfuntioned and flooded our hard wood floors....both of these happened while hubby was out of town!

I have just had enough! I want to stop this ride and get off!

I have had an signif. increase in pain, most likely from mopping up the water, cleaning out the water logged freezer, etc.

Last night I had such aching, stabbing pain, hips, thigh, bum, the right side (my bone graph is on the left). This seems to be L3-4 which is the level I recently herniated...

At the same time, I am trying to reduce my meds. From 25 mg oxicodone to 15 mg/day. It hasn't been easy but my PM really wants me to do this or switch to something long term....

School started this week, and with that comes more activities/responsibilities......just wish it was easier
  • So sorry my friend! Hope you are able to rest the remainder of the weekend.

Good luck with your med reduction..I've had to stay on oxycodone since I did not have a PM doc, and no one to work with me to make acceptable changes. I'm hoping to make some changes in my meds now that I have a PM doc. I've not been happy with the roller coaster pain levels with the short acting drugs.

Maybe yours could be a change for the better.

Many prayers for you, Shari!

Lisa
  • I'm sorry you're having a rough week with so much pain and I'm thinking of you. I was robbed once and it's an awful violation! I hope your Insurance helps you out with reimbursement for your things and your hardwood floors. Some things can never be replaced.

I hope you have help by your students and do you have a Teacher assistant to help you? Take care and pray a bunch of Angels around you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sometimes life just seems to gang up on us. We have just gone through a hellish two years with several deaths, three family members diagnosed with cancer, financial stresses and general set-backs. Our mantra has been,"This too shall pass." Just wish it would pass faster for you my friend.
advertisement