Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Um, tell me about 360 degree surgeries, fusions, realignments, and so on

Comments

• Well, I haven't been me for quite some time, so if I'm ever me again, I'll be happy. I do hope I don't have complications, but I know there is that risk. As with the rest of my health challenges, just take it all one step at a time. I'm just trying to go into it with as much understanding as I can of what I am going to be experiencing.

Question, what did you do when you got home? Did you have help at home? People have been asking me whether I'll even be able to go home to my 2 story house, whether I'll need home health care, etc. I keep thinking it will be sort of like recovering from the accident itself, which I managed somehow.
  • The hospital will arrange for health care at home for you if they feel you need it. I didn't have a 360, but home nursing was discussed, however, I was fine for showering, etc.

In regard to the stairs, the physio will check you out on this before you leave hospital.

After I got out of hospital, I was on my own with two dogs. I did have a domestic service come in each week to clean the house and do the washing for four months. This was my time to get well again and I made sure I didn't do anything that might affect the fusion. I also had friends call in and help me. I had enough meals prepared and frozen to last me for a few months, and stocked up on on all the groceries, etc that would be needed.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • advertisement
  • Each one of us experience things differently and to some degree make due with what we have.

I would plan to have help there for at least the first couple of weeks. If you find that you can fend for yourself early on then you can dismiss the help. Kind of hard to get it in place once you find you need it if that turns out to be the case.

If you can set up a place to sleep downstairs it would probably help you a bunch, at least as far as going up/down stairs. A bunch of meds in you and stairs tend not to mix well. How do you do now on the stairs? Do you have a bathroom downstairs?

You would be the only one to be able compare what you felt like after whatever accident you had. Your body is going to be reeling from this surgery at least for a couple of weeks afterwords. Your not going to have much strength and will tire very, very easily.
This discussion has been closed.