Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

October 2010 Surgery

Comments

• Hi Guys,

I'm back, had surgey on the 13th of October. First 3 days in the hospital were the worst but after that..all good. I was on Demerol because I can't do Dilaudid and Morphine causes severe itching in me.Aywayfor home pain I got percoset, demerol and flexeril for muscle relaxer only used demerol once at home(that stuff makes you see things that are not there) Anyway i'm great but hate the darn collar I take it off about 5 times a day and I had a 4 LEVEL LAMINOPLASTY NO HARDWARE. C3-C7 but not in pain.soreness but not pain I'm a pretty strong chick so I guess I bounce back pretty quickly. I am even cooking already. So i figured out that you only need 1 pillow to sleep on and do not prop and try to sleep on a bunch of pillows boy did i learn the hard way. The propping works good for sitting and watching tv. Also using a silk scarf because that foam of the collar does hurt!! I try to act as normal as possible, but i'm not crazy because I do know that this was a big surgery and I do rest. My bleeding disorder was kept under control very well with the ddavp treatment( I have Von Willebrands)so no problems there. Thanks for all the good advise and kind words prior to surgery, I will be checking in daily as i can.
  • Glad to hear things went well for you! Now just rest and take it easy..:0)

Maria
  • advertisement
  • This is my first post but have been lurking for a while now. Having L4/L5 L5/S1 fused tomorrow morning. Was supposed to be at hospital at 9:30 but they have moved it to 11:30. No coffee for another 2 hours. I hope I survive that! :''(
    Good luck to us all.
  • You will be in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a huge reduction with your daily pain.

Wishing you a smooth recovery with excellent pain control.

Look forward to hearing from you, once you are comfortable enough to type and let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes to you tomorrow,

Tammy >:D<
  • I had my surgery this Monday and had full hardware removal and revision of PLIF L4/L5 from last September. The surgeon said that he didn't even have to take the hardware out to see there was a non-union, everything was moving and hardware was really loose. I got to go home the next day, today is my first full day at home. Tricky part of it all is trying to figure out how to maneuver your house to do some things to help yourself. Pretty much can't do anything. With every log-roll out of bed, it gets easier and easier. Good luck to the rest of the October Surgeries! The pain will be worth it in the end and hopefully the chronic pain will be reduced.
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I'm glad you're doing well and hope you continue to improve. Take it easy and don't overdo it.

Take care,
    Debbie
    Welcome to Spine Health.

I hope that all goes well with your surgery tomorrow and that you have an easy recovery. I also hope you get a cup of coffee asap...

Good luck
    Debbie
  • Glad to hear you're doing so well. I'm 3 weeks post-op 2-level PLIF and that logrolling is an art form, I've decided. I'm getting pretty good at it, lol.

Wishing everyone who has had surgery a pain-free sleep tonight, and best wishes to those who are still awaiting surgery!
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
    Just checking up on you and hoping your recovery is still going well.

Debbie
    Hope you're still doing well. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Debbie
advertisement