Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Side Effects with NEW oxycontin OP

Comments

• Been taking the old tabs for many years, Morphine before that with an inoperable congenital L5 spine defect, so far these new tabs have near done me in, mega sick, shakes, sweating, dizziness, to name a few, every time I get up I get dizzy and near fall over, all seems to be a common problem.
    I thought these tabs were the same thing just made to stop the drug users, problem is they are not even close to being the same, no one ever said they were different, all my doctor said was a small mention of the company making bigger tabs, the chemist said nothing.
    Disappointed they all failed to mention these things are not the same.
    Having also a congenital heart problem sitting here tossing up with calling an ambulance, dam the drug addicts for this, not my fault they give me these things, I can't take morpheme as I'm immune to it, it might as well be water, likely get more from tap water.
    I hope they still make the old tabs, or do I have to go onto some other brand pain killer, so sick of this mess.
  • https://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started
    welcome..........what dosage are you taking and for what conditions? if you just started this medication, it can take a week or so to get used to.....and to build up to a steady blood plasma level, although you should be getting pain relief before that....
  • advertisement
  • i took the new oxy before my compounded oxy and never had an issue them even with the new protective coating. i believe it will not come off the market or the formulation changed because they feel there are no issue with it. the coating just prevents the crushing of the pill which people used to do to get an extra high from it. beside the coating the formulation has not changed. they gave it to me in the hospital and once again no issues. they have to do tons of research and to use it in a controlled way before releasing a new version of any med and there have been no reported issues from the study group set up. manifactures do a lot of test and research before they send it to market. the government has guidelines that companies have to follow and it is very strict and takes a long time of testing before it is released.
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Hi
    Sorry for all the things others are experiencing with Oxytocin. I just changed to another drug
    and do miss the relief I was getting with it. One thing I have found out due to many bad side
    effects from different pain meds and others is that some people can have really bad reactions
    to the compounding and coatings on drugs. This came from a reliable source but I don't think
    I can mention it here. I also found out that generics can be either 10% or 20% stronger or weaker
    than the name brand. Interesting since I don't know how many times I was told that the generics
    are the same as the name brand, but I did my research and found out different.
    Just some info. and I wonder if the coating did now cause some of my current stomach issues.
    Do any of you have the exact date that coating was applied to the Oxytocin?
    Sherri
  • I don't know exactly when that one was changed. I do know that the different 'tamper proof' coatings do effect how well some people's bodies deal with these meds. I've said before that I couldn't take Exalgo because my body just couldn't get through the coating. My doctor had other patients with the same problem & my insurance company stopped covering it for that reason & "unacceptable side effects". My doctor asked a lot of questions regarding stomach sensitivity before prescribing it.

I've been told that Opana has the same coating (I don't know if this is accurate) & my friend had very distressing stomach pains when she tried it. Her doctor told her to find a pharmacy that stocks the Global Pharm. version because patients reported less side effects. She's been taking that brand for over a year now & is very pleased with it. One month she was given a different manufacturers pill & her stomach pain returned & pain levels increased.

Both of our doctors are certain that some tamper proof coatings contain ingredients that cause both stomach issues & make the medicines less effective for some patients. I know that companies make assurances in their literature that these meds are just the same but personal experience really questions this. It's well worth discussing this with your PM if you're having problems.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.