Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm having a C3-C7 Laminoplasty and have a bleeding disorder.. Who

Butterflye18BButterflye18 Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am having a Laminoplasty on 10/13/0 and I have Von willebrand, so I have to get DDAVP before surgery. My NS said it's very dangerous because I can get paralyzed if one drop of blood hits the spinal cord :jawdrop: But he is more worried about after the surgery for blessings. Has anyone else had this surgery that had a bleeding disorder?was your hospital stay longer?I'm so worried 8} :SS
advertisement

Comments

• Butterflye18 said:
    I am having a Laminoplasty on 10/13/0 and I have Von willebrand, so I have to get DDAVP before surgery. My NS said it's very dangerous because I can get paralyzed if one drop of blood hits the spinal cord :jawdrop: But he is more worried about after the surgery for bleeding!! Has anyone else had this surgery that had a bleeding disorder?was your hospital stay longer?I'm so worried 8} :SS

I mean bleeding not blessings ... Duhhh stupid iPhone and automatic word fill
  • Just saw your post, and no my hospital stay wasnt any longer. But didnt have the same thing.
  • advertisement