Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

7 months post and this journey never stops

advertisement

Comments

• I have a follow up appointment today. I still have significant numbness in my right leg, front of thigh and inner knee. The numbness seems to get worse with sitting, squatting and seems to be better when laying down~which leads me to think that the is compression on the nerve, L3.

I noticed at work that I seem to drag my feet, the left more than the right.

I have no idea what he will tell me. I am nervous. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Hope everyone is having a minimal pain day!
  • You've got it, Shari! Prayer is something we can do for each other which has tangible results.

I'm hurting this morning but think it's my own fault for standing around for 2 hours holding leaf bags for my hubby to fill, then later standing at least another hour with friends who came to unload firewood in our back yard. Was wearing my brace and being "good" and never thought about what just standing around can do to my back--and I know better! Sigh...will I ever learn?!

I hope your appointment goes well today and that there's no bad news. Thinking about you...
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • advertisement
  • Wow LInda...I am impressed that after only a month out of a fusion you could stand up like that for that long at all...lol..I was pretty much walk, lay down for the first month or so.

Shari,
    I will be praying for you my friend. I still have signif. pain to my surgical site but am getting my mobility and flexibility back. I feel fortunate. Thinking of you today!

Tonya

• Hope that your doctor will have some encouraging news for you. >:D<

• Good luck today. Please let me know how it goes! I hope you get some answers, seems I often leave a visit with more questions then answers.

Jayhawk, I didn't realize you were back at work (with my meds, no surprise! I kinda forget things sometimes.)
    Any way, please let me know. I will be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way. And of course you are in my prayers.

Tomorrow is 9 weeks since my ALIF, still a mess. (i sent you a pm a few
    days ago).

Virginia

• advertisement
  • Shari...please know that while I don't visit the boards all that often, I still think of you. Please know that you can count on me for moral support any any support I can provide from my locale.

Please PM me if you ever need anything.

It will get better.
    Like others say, please do not underestimate the divorce and protecting yourself. Even if you work things out, assume 'non-emotionally' that you won't and protect yourself to ensure you get permanent support and benefits where applicable. Don't let love or hope for reconciliation allow you to procrastinate.

As for the back, I hope the injections do better after a few days. You have had quite the road...it's not for the fein of heart. You are a tough woman and I'm proud to be your friend!

sending you a PM.
  • Shari,

I scan the forum on occasion now and don't see many of the older names I am familiar with. So, when I saw your post I had to read it.

I was shocked and disheartened to hear of your continued medical problems and the marriage issue. Like everyone else I pray for a good outcome on both. Lots of good advice.

We all wish we could help in some way. Take care and I hope things work out.

Ken
  • I am so very sorry to hear your news.

I too have been gone for a bit but I was sad to read that you are still having such a difficult time.

I do send prayers your way and hoping that god gives you strength to get through all this.

I hope your appointment went well today and you have some positive news to share.

God bless,
    Sandra
  • Thank you so very much for your love and support! I am so blessed to have you all as friends.

During my follow up appointment with my PM, I was shocked to find out that I became physical and aggressive to the point of having to be held down when they were putting me under during my procedure.

My PM told me that if I have been stressed and angry when being sedated, it all comes to the surface. He is not sure if this is what is causing the pain and new numbness.

I am horrified! No wonder the nurse was so upset and worried that day! I am shocked I did that! I am only 5'2" and usually so mild mannered! Evidently not that day.

The plan is to repeat the procedure next Thur. but I am terrified. He asked if I thought I could handle it without anethesia, but I don't think I can. I also can't get aggressive either.....so I don't know what to do! I really want a chance at decreasing my pain. I have zero out of pocket cost till the end of the year....but I am so scared. I need to find a way to let go of the anger I have towards my ex...but I don't know how.....

My dad is here visiting and I had to tell him on Monday. It was so difficult, and it still brings tears to my eyes. He understands but I know he worries about My daughter and me.

I am finding my inner strength and I am starting to laugh again. Somewhere along the way, I stopped....and now I am getting together more often with friends and family and just laughing. It's hard and there are still many tears, but I will get thru this and I know that God has something in store for me, I just need to let go of the anger and walk thru the door to see what is on the other side.....

Thank you so very much for all of your support! You all mean the world to me! Please keep me in your prayers that I can find peace and be able to have my procedure Thur with anethesia and without being aggressive!

Wishing the very best for all of you! much love~Shari
  • Maybe they could get your husband to come in to help restrain you....that way you could sock him!!! Might as well be productive and it might relieve the stress at the same time :)
advertisement