Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New here ~ from Tramadol to Morphine in 10 days

Comments

• Well, I've had 4 of them. The ESIs aren't necessarily a fun time, but they aren't (or weren't to me) awful. And if it helps, it's well worth it!
  • Will I be able to go back to work the next day?

Why have you had 4 - didn't they help??

Thanks so much!!
  • advertisement
  • They usually come in a set of 3. Also, my problems are permanent (barring surgery), so they weren't going to give me anything except temporary relief from swelling, but was happy with that.

So I had the set of 3. Then a few months later I was having a bad flare and he gave me a 4th.

I won't say they were a miracle for me, but then I'm not the "usual" candidate.
  • I'm sorry to hear that. Is the relief instant?

Can I go back to work following the shot - the next day?

Thanks so much!!
  • Oh, sorry- meant to answer that!

No, the relief will take a few days. The steroid takes a while to take effect. Although it will feel nice while you're pumped full of local anesthetic, you'll be sore for maybe 48 hours from the needle and the actual injection, but you should still be OK to work (ask your doctor about that).

• advertisement
  • Hello WW :))) I've had many injections.ESIs,TPI,s nerve block,Cll RF,and all of them are temporary.Not only that,but what works for one might not help the next.. so it's hard to say until you give it a shot (lol).

The best injection that I ever had was in my hip for Bursitis.It was an ESI-I limped in,but I walked out with no pain at all..and I mean zero,it was like a dream come true at the time because the pain was so bad.Now I can't say that my luck with the injections in my C-spine have been that wonderful,but I imagine it could happen,and maybe has for some folks :??

The injection is a little painful,and my advice is to close your eyes and find your zone (or zen).A couple weeks ago I had my neck done and the Dr told me afterwards that he was talking to me but all that I would give him was a "yes" or "no",and nothing else.I'm a talker so he stated that he knew I had found my happy place.I had,and it wasn't bad at all.I've gone in stressed and scared before though without such good results and had a lot of hard muscle pain after those particular episodes.

Your yoga can come in very useful for this purpose,and if you can meditate I find it helps a great deal.Wishing your injection a success!!
  • Thanks Robin. My doctor said that if I continued with my PT & did the back exercises & core work - then I may never need another shot. He said this shot will take the inflammation away & the pain - and that if I work to fix the back, then I may never need another shot.

I so hope this is true. The last 3 weeks have been a nightmare for my husband & I.
  • fusemeffuseme Pittsburgh Posts: 11
    The Dr knows that you are in pain / his or her job is to make you comfortable. If you were on Oxycontin and now Morphine its not that big of a change just a different drug type. Both are for pain but people react differently to the two drugs and one might work better than the other. You be the judge and let the Dr know when your pain is under control so the Dr can adjust the meds.

It sounds like your Dr is doing the right thing or would you prefer to suffer. The choice is yours. Me Ive had enough suffering and I take a large dose of narcotic pain meds but only so that I can be a productive human being.
  • I tried both and within about 10 days I thought I was loosing my mind. I couldn't sleep my skin felt like it all creepy crawling like. Even thought I was hearing things.
    So I don't take them any longer.
    THe Norco takes care of most of my pain in my spine but it doesn't help much on my right foot pain, though that has abated a bit.
    I am glad it works for the people that it works for.
    C3-4-5 fusion 2005
    C-5-T-1 disk bulged
    L-4-5 bulge to the right, with Microdiscectomy, failed
    L5- Bi-Lateral bulge
    Pain in right foot -loss of feeling
    Left butt, hip and front thigh pain with bad shooting pain into inside ankle sometimes
advertisement