Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Been having pubic bone pain...

advertisement

Comments

• Oh Tammy...I am so sorry to hear this honey!! And yes it always seems that way...if its not one thing its something else!!! I also get pains in this area and also around my belly button...stupid isnt it??:)

Please let us know what the Dr says ok??
  • I have that off and on. My doctor thinks it has something to do with the RA. She says often times for whatever reason, certain people get that, and also these wierd little (I call them chill blades) like shocks of nerve pain in their fingers and toes, but it is more related to arthritis. I'm sure that wasn't a lot of help, but I think I know what you are talking about anyway :) The celebrex seems to help keep it at bay..
  • advertisement
  • I thank you all... for giving me your input and sharing with me. It helps so much! :*

I went to my PCP appointment yesterday. He did a thorough exam on my lower pelvic area, my scar and my pubic bone. He was able to mimic the pain on my pubic bone by pressing on the area and also pressing on a muscle on the most inner part of my right leg. He told me I pulled that muscle and chances are, I do have arthritis in the pubic bone. I showed him the stretches and exercises I do each day and he told me to lay off the right side for a week or two, to let that muscle calm down. When I get the stabbing pains, I'm to keep doing what I do. Apply heat, take a break-thru pain pill and a muscle relaxer.

I went to do a urinalysis. Had my little cup in hand and placed it down on the sink and emptied my bladder. I went to wash my hands and realized I didn't fill the cup! LOL! I tried to empty my bladder again and a little bit did come out. My urine looks great, from the little bit they had to go by. LOL! What a dingbat I am! Geeze! I really had to "go" when we got to the office. So, I guess I was concentrating more on relieving myself and forgot about the little cup.

Thank you all again... you guys are absolutely awesome and I love each and everyone one of you! :X

I wish you all less pain today and will be catching up on posts (as usual) throughout the day.

Hugs,

Tammy >:D<
  • hi tammy,

each and every one of us loves you, too! you're always giving of yourself to others, supporting them with your loving concern.

so sorry that you're now having this new kind of pain. has anybody investigated the possibility of radiculopathy from your sacroiliac nerves? (s1-s3) they can cause pubic bone pain and the way you describe it as being on one side only makes me think it's the nerve at that level that is being irritated or pinched, etc.

have you seen this interactive dermatome map that someone posted again here a few days ago? it is the single best dermatome map i've ever found. if you haven't seen it before, check it out--click on the si joints, then click on the "anterior view" button to the right of the model and it will turn over so you can see the front.

https://www.manateechiropractic.com/interactive_spine/s1_anterior.htm

sending healing thoughts and hugs! image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • You are such a "Love Bug"! >:D<

What you shared here, is highly possible. I know my upcoming visit with my main PM doctor is Xray/scan time for me. My PM doctors are doing their very best to figure out all that is going on with me and I actually do have two pinched nerves that were diagnosed... let's see... in May 2010. (I can't remember which nerves off hand, but I'll dig through my records. I'm out in the family room with my heating pad wrapped around me. I'm so comfy that I don't want to move yet... lol).

Thank you for sharing this link. I'm going to study it some more. I feel I still have a lot to learn. At first I studied the thoracic area intensely, as I thought that was the only area I had problems with. Ever since January of this year, all heck has broke loose from the waist down. It amazes me with how detailed and involved our spines are! It seriously takes a lot of viewing and reading to understand it all. I'm still in shock that I have hardware in my spine. I mean, I've always considered spine surgery or injuries... very rare and very serious. I don't have any family members with spine issues, other than RA and OA. So, whatever information you come across... please send it my way! I want to learn and know what's going on.

Sending healing thoughts and hugs right back to you...

Tammy :*
  • advertisement
  • Hope what you are trying is the right direction for you and this helps :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • The more I have been looking at the dermatome chart and comparing that with my symptoms, I think it's possible this could be related to either my SI joint problems or the SI nerves. Thanks again for sharing that, inchworm. >:D<

I looked through my records and was diagnosed with having fibular and femoral nerve tension in June. During PT, they were doing all sorts of stretches and exercises with me, to try and help me with all the pain I have from my waist down to my feet. I had zero reflexes in my knees, but my left knee has it's reflex back as of my last PM visit.

I continue to do my daily exercises and stretches and hope to get back to PT in January. They (PT) dismissed me in August, as I wasn't making any progress on their assessment tests. I did, however, learn a lot of good stretches to do for my IT bands and I do have better circulation and flexibility. My feet were all discolored when I started PT again in April, and my toes turned purple after sitting still for like 3-4 minutes. That also has greatly improved.

How is your daughter MsHumpty? I sometimes think about her, the baby and your family. O:)

Wishing less pain to you all,

Tammy
  • I am so sorry for missing this post of yours! I would have responded to your question, much sooner than now.

The reason for my hysterectomy was related to giving birth to my daughter Nikki. When it came time for me to push, they noticed Nikki must have had the cord wrapped around her and after my third push... my uterus totally burst! I was rushed to the OR for a C-section and I had quite a lot of bleeding. My doctor told me he could repair my uterus, but I may have some painful periods or heavy bleeding. He also told me he could take my uterus out at that time. Well, when you just have given birth... the idea of having my uterus taken out was not something I wanted at all... lol! So, he did a lot of repair work and he was right. I suffered with painful periods for 2 years with heavy bleeding after having Nikki, so it was time to have my uterus taken out.

I only have one ovary left, my right one, to help with the hormones. I had my left ovary removed when I was 20, due to a grapefruit sized tumor attached to the thing! That's when I found out I was allergic to demerol. They were giving me demerol through my IV and my tongue started swelling and so did my throat. They gave me the meds to counteract the reaction and switched me to some other pain killer.

I often wonder about scar tissue from my incision. They used the same incision from my left ovary removal for my C-section and my hysterectomy. My pelvic area does get sharp pains and aches, but I usually chalk it up to this other crap... lol! But, I honestly do experience what you describe when you sometimes sneeze, cough, etc. I will feel VERY sharp pains in my lower pelvic area... I have to either sit or stand real still for a few minutes until they die off.

Thanks for asking and for sharing. I appreciate it!

Tammy :)
  • Wow Tammy, I've never heard of a uterus bursting before. Good thing your Dr was on top of it. My Dr managed to miss both of my boys being born. I can relate to the heavy periods and pain. That's what I had for a couple of years. I was in my early 20's so they weren't looking for a tumor, which is what it turned out to be.

• thanks for your kind comments, but you are the "love bug" my dear--you're unfailingly kind and supportive of everyone in need and hardly ever ask help for yourself. am glad the dermatome map has been of some value. it is the very best one i've seen online, and i've searched for these maps for a long time.

i'm not hoping your si is the source of your pubic bone pain but it certainly sounded suspicious to me when you said the pain was only on one side. that rang a bell for me. anyway, will be interested to know what it actually turns out to be, and more importantly, what they're going to do about it so you're no longer in pain!

sending gentle hugs to you, tammy...image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
advertisement