Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Been having pubic bone pain...

advertisement

Comments

• Right now I was given steroids to reduce inflammation and lidoderm patches which help a little. Had a n MRI last night so we'll see. Pain seems to be getting worse instead of better. I'm 48 and boy does this make me feel old!
  • Having arthritis at our ages (I am 43), does make me feel old when I have a really bad flare up. Having to use my walker and shuffle myself around during a bad flare, just contributes to genuinely feeling in my 90's at those times. When we have to haul out the wheelchair... well, that's when I feel I have reached well over a century in age!

I haven't been given any oral steroids since my fall and surgery. In the past, I was prescribed them a couple of times for upper respiratory infections. I do get cortisone injections and nerve blocks though, about every three months. I would prefer less of the cortisone, as I tell you what... I feel like I've consumed about 10 expresso's the first two nights. But, the injections give me a tremendous amount of pain relief. So with that said, I just go with the expresso rush... knowing it will soon subside.

Are you located in a cold region where you are at right now? Once the coldness hits my bones, oh, it's horrible. I'm hoping the Etodolac will help this winter with the arthritis pain.

Please let us know how your MRI results turn out.

You have found a wonderful site here with tons of support. I don't know what I would do without the support of the members/friends here.

Wishing you less pain,

Tammy
  • advertisement
  • I've only had one shot and boy I thought I was gonna hit that doctor when he stuck that needle in my hip. Told him ain't gonna do that again, and the effect was short lived. I live in Wilmington Delaware and yes it's getting colder and damp so that makes it worse. I think it's awful that I can't walk as much now I've always been a very active person, of course my husband is always telling me I need to slow down. I don't want to have to have surgery but don't want to be in pain all the time either. How was your surgery?
  • Hi Tammy,

Hope you're feeling better today!!! I was nodding my head at your commetn about feeling in our 90s. I'm always kind of embarrassed when I see people in their 80s or 90s who walk normally, and pass right on by me!! lol

The other comment about the cold. Is it damp where you are, too? I`ve lived in extremely cold areas, but the climate is very dry, like a desert, and I had less pain in those places than where I live now, where it's very damp and humid. The damp cold goes right through me and wreaks havoc, but a dry cold bothers me hardly at all! Actually, I met my hubs in one of those areas, and he can't get over the difference in me, with my pain. He always says it's like night and day, as my pain here has pretty much debilitated me, and I rarely said anything about my pain up north, and never walked with a limp. It's funny, because when I came back here to visit at christmas time, within 2 days I was in so much pain from the arthritis in my knees and hip, I could barely walk. 2 days after going back up north, I was back to normal!

The Etodalac that you mentioned, sorry, I've forgot since starting this post, lol, is that a steroid?

And goodyear, yes, welcome to the site!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I had my first trochanteric hip injection back in August. It was done in my PM doctors office under ultrasound guidance. When she hit that "sweet" spot, my toes curled and I was counting to ten in English, Spanish and French. I was fortunate, in that it gave me great relief. I am sorry you didn't get lasting relief from yours.

I live in Arizona, down in the "valley" area. It is stereotyped as the "dry heat" city and for the most part, it is. Except for the Monsoons we get July through the first of September. Lots of wacky weather with humidity and temperatures of 110+. Our weather here is honestly, beautiful, with the exception of our summers. I can't imagine living anywhere else right now with my arthritis and such. I was born and raised here, except when my dad was in the Navy during Vietnam and stationed in San Diego. I was a baby at that time. We do have a cabin in the northern part of our state where it snows and has a great ski resort. I haven't been to our cabin since my fall and surgery. One of these days we are going to go and see how I do. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive, but sooooo beautiful. You travel through desert and then into the ponderosa pines with large mountains and beautiful lakes in the area for fishing. Arizona is kind of cool to where you can snow ski and water ski on the same day, depending on the time of year.

About my surgery, it went very well and is a success. I have a figure eight wire fixation, which looks cool on the Xrays. Then I have the rest of the hardware such as screws and rods. I wasn't the typical surgery patient, to where it was scheduled. I was a trauma patient. If you click on my picture, it will pull up my history. I'm not a good one to compare recovery pain with, as I had multiple thoracic fractures on top of my surgery. Very painful recovery... took me about a year and a half before the pain started to decrease. It's going to take me a while, as I have multiple things going on. But, I have a great team of doctors that work together and decide which avenue is best for whatever pain is bothering me the most. Whether it's an injection, nerve block, medication adjustment, etc.

Keep yourself bundled up good. Keep nice and warm. Has your doctor indicated you might need surgery?

Wishing you less pain,

Tammy :)

• advertisement
  • Guess what? I am feeling better! :D

The withdrawls are almost gone, thank God. This third patch is on my tummy and keeping my thoracic pain under control. It really is nice to have this patch, as I am getting sleep at night. I have been very accustomed to about 3 hours of sleep for a long, long time. The only thing that wakes me up, is my nerve pain from my hips down my legs. When that happens, I now take two Neurontin during the middle of the night, versus at bedtime. I'm not feeling the nerve pain as strong when I go to sleep, so instead of taking two at bedtime... I take two when my nerve pain wakes me up. Then, of course, my usual doses during the day. That Neurontin is awesome. It really works well on my nerve pain.

I need to take a picture of my wheelchair. Zach tricked it out in his school colors, before the kids went to Iowa. I don't have flags on it, but whenever I need to use it... I think of Zach and Nikki. :* Zach wanted to put those tennis balls on my walker, but we didn't. I can't remember why... lol?

The Etodolac is not a steroid. It is in the NSAIDS category, but you need a prescription. They give it to patients who have Osteoarthritis and also Rheumatoid arthritis. I take two 400mg tablets each day and it has worked WONDERS on my arthritis pain and swelling. Kelly, I seriously couldn't open my pill bottles in the morning and now, I have no troubles or pain in the morning at all in my hands. My hips and knees have arthritis and those areas are buggers regarding pain. But, the Etodolac has helped a little in those areas too. You need to eat something when you take it, as it will upset your stomach. I highly recommend it to anyone who suffers with arthritis.

Hope you had a good day today. It's weekend time! Is the jewelry fair this weekend? I can't remember. Need to go to FaceBook when I'm done on here. You are kicking my butt on Scrabble... lol! I am a good sport, though. ;)

Wishing YOU less pain today and through the weekend...

Tammy
  • I visited Arizona it was hot and a nice place to visit but I would miss snow. No mention of surgery yet but pain seems worse instead of better. Hard to walk long distance without being in pain. I've always been so active it's hard to slow down. I hate physical therapy I can go all day without pain then after an hour thee I'm back to hurting again. Went to have an MRI hope to hear what they found on Monday when I go in again. Well gotta call it a night have to work tomorrow talk to you again soon.
  • I am new to this, but only
    Only see very old posts, I'm suffering for a year and ,3 months with low back pain hip pain & pubic pain. I've had injections, mri, mra, ct scan x-Ray, injections, surgery L4,L 5 S1, pain pills, nerve meds, tens unit, pt. I do feel some relief but my life has drastically changed & I continue to have a lot of pain! I'm not working & did marketing before my fall. Is there anyone still on this sight that shares the same frustration???
    SEJ
advertisement