Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Way off topic but needed to vent...

advertisement

Comments

• You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • First... you need a comforting hug >:D< .

I will be saying prayers for you and little Brooklyn.

You are one strong sweet cookie and I hope you get the results real soon.

We are always here for you, as the others have said, and you can vent any time you need to. You have a safe and loving place here at Spine-health.

Please keep us posted, sweety.

Hugs and love,

Tammy :*
  • advertisement
  • Well the test is done and now we wait.... A WEEK.... Can you believe that.?.?.? I know they can't help it but that is such a long time even more so when you are talking about my kids.!.!.! I don't know how I am going to make it through the next week.. I did make the calls to both my husbands parents and my step mother to whom I am very close and my dad... I just couldn't handle the weight of dealing with this alone and figured we needed to have our parents by our sides while we deal with this... Brooklyn did such an amazing job when they did her blood work.. She is 2 and when they stuck her arm she didn't even cry... I couldn't believe it.. She usually starts screaming when they walk into the room... Ha ha ha... She is laying down and napping right now.. Which is one of the things that had gotten us worried.. She sleeps ALOT.. Way more then just normal napping.. Well thank you all so much for the prayers and kind words.. You guys have no idea how much it helped to be able to come here and get a load off my chest yesterday.. I will keep you all updated.. Thanks again..

• Angela,

I'm so sorry you're faced with waiting a whole week for results. I don't know how much you can do, considering your back surgeries, but you need to keep active during this time. Physical exercise does better than drugs at lowering a person's anxiety level and improving your mental outlook. If you can find something aerobic, I think that works the best.

I, along with many others here on the forum, will be praying for little Brooklyn (what a beautiful name), and for YOU! I'm glad you told the grandparents. It's better to share the weight of waiting.

Sending gentle hugs and healing thoughts, image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Oh Angela, I am so sorry you are going thru this! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

I think it is great that you told your family so that they can give you strength and comfort!

We are here for you! You can always PM me on FB also!

Praying! gentle hugs! Shari
  • advertisement
  • Angela, I'm so sad to hear that there might be such a serious problem with the little angel in your house.

I've already said one prayer, but will say a special one at church this weekend.

Stay strong and I hope the next week passes quickly for you.

Take care,
    Cathie

• That will help you as you wait angela.

I'll keep praying for you, Brooklyn and the whole family.
    Come back here and share your feelings whenever you need to. We are glad to support you through this as much as we are able to.

God bless you all >:D<
  • So neat to hear Brooklyn is so strong! A week, bummer! I will continue sending you positive energy and prayers that all turns out well. *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • And they are NEGATIVE... Thank God.. The Dr actually called me from home to give me the results which I thought was awesome... They want to run a thyroid test on her but there wasn't enough blood left so I will bring her back for them to get a little more later this week.. Right now we just want to bast in the joy of the test results... Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.. They were well received.!.!.!.!
  • Soooooo glad to hear of the good results. I've been through some rough waiting times, but never like what you just had. Bless you, Brooklyn and the rest of your family.

Now you can breathe a bit easier. Take care and thanks for the update!

Lisa
advertisement