Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

got my date for perm scs

backpainzzbbackpainzz Posts: 116
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Well today was my appointment with my NS, He said"I see you you still have a ruptured disc, did you think about Fusion?" NO I absolutly do not want to be fused. Of course he has to ask. He asked where I would like the generator to beplaced, I showed him I wear low riders, so he is going to put it above my belt line. I asked him if he was going to hurt me,lol, or rather feeel him making the incesions to suture the leads and make the pocket for my gen, he said" No I will keep you very comfortable you'll be in and out, an If you do feel something just "Yell Dr. Wilson, and Ill have them give you a drip of white stuff and youll be gone again. I of course cant rmemeber what its called. any way I figured we'd have to wait 2 or 3 more weeks for insapproval, and the nurse came out and said NOV 16th 7:30 am, :jawdrop: be there 1 hour early. :D I was blown away and BTW I talked my mother >:D< who has stenosis really bad to ask her PM about it so she has her psych eval next week, then the scs trial hopefulling next week. She is 87. I hope this helps her as much as the trial helped me. WEll I was just so excited I had to tell everyone. <:P Rosemary
advertisement

Comments

• For both you and your mother. I am glad you started your new thread. You sound so happy. You have been a great support for me throughout the last few weeks. I wish you a speedy insurance approval and success with the permanent implant. I love that your surgeon has your gen site planned based on the fashion you wear! Forgive me of I missed this aspect of your decision, but have you decided if this will be the Lumbar for now or the Thoracic as well?
    I have a friend who has residual SI joint pain after 2 successful lumbar fusions. She stayed at my house last night and got to see me up and around with my trial stim doing things I have not done in ages like walking my dog without being bent over in pain, and sitting without having to stand up after 5 minutes. She is now going to take her PM's suggestion of doing a SCS trial as well!
    Keep us posted Rosemary
    Jackie
  • I am happy you get a date, Im hoping to get my date this week. I have had a ruptured disk and wish you the best. I do have a question though, my doc fixed mine without a fusion leaving me with about 25% of my disk left he called it conservative treatment and I wondered if it was an option for you? Good luck to you!
    Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
    Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.
  • advertisement
  • my NS said, there was a small rupture If I wanted it repaired, I said no just the scs/pns. reasons being I will just keep getting re ruptured, more pain, Im 51, and I had a lamnectomy in '01 the past 3 years have been hell. They b4 did want to do a 3 level fusion, then ofcourse I'd need another fusion, and possble a scs too, so Epdurals raise my bloodsurgar, the trial workked great I got what I've waited for for a long time I will be satisfied, with the pain relief and I will have my life back.sorry to make it so long but ai didnt know if you had followed my post or not. Im glad this procedure worked for you, and you had a good NS that did a minimal surgery. Good luck to you Rosemary
  • Wow thats alot to have to go through all at once. I haven't followed any thread fully i just chime in every now and then. :) Good luck to you i hope things get better to me even a little bit better goes a long way.
    Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
    Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.
  • They bumped me off surgery schedule for the 16th, so I called and my permant approval came in the next day...so now Im backed up 1 week longer. but Im so thankful it went through. I hope all is well with everyone on here. ROse
  • advertisement
  • Oh Rose...I am SOO very happy that you got your approval!! I still get tears everytime I think about your post from your trial!!!

You are an inspiration to me!!!
advertisement