Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Stop Bullying (Anti-Bullying week 15-19 November)

BubblegumBBubblegum Posts: 77
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Matters of the Heart
advertisement

Comments

• agree + image
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • We've had a LOT of problems with that of late down here in South Florida. One group tried to burn a kid to death about 7 months ago, another (dead) stabbed etc. Nasty! I remember when I was in school. "I'm gonna kill you after school" meant "Gonna kick your butt!" Sad....

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • =D>
  • Nov 14 - 20 is Bullying Awareness Week.
    Kelly
  • This board needs a good dose of it, it has been a nightmare lately.
  • advertisement
  • And I am proud of you Kelly, with remembrance day around the corner I hope you hear more of how ppl are proud of you, and Thank You for your service ! !
  • Eve,

What is so scary now a days with "bullying" is that it use to be once you were home, you were clear and safe. Now these guys are in their cell phones, their internet etc. I don't have kids, but when I hear on the news of some kid committing suicide due to being harassed on all fronts, so sad. :(

Brenda
  • Eve, you know you don't need to do that! But thank you, from myself and all others who serve for the acknowledgment.

You're right Brenda, it is so scary, there's no haven anymore for kids, or adults for that matter!
    Kelly
  • Adults, nodding. Bullying in the work place. Almost forgot about that! Before I retired we had one "Bully" supervisor. He tried that crap with me, but I was senior (same grade though), and I put him in his "equal" place in front of everyone. He never tried that crap with me again, but man-o-man did he get on certain subordinates!

What I remember as a kid about bullies? Many times their parents are just as bad! Or you get the total opposite where they are the bullied one at home, and at school they take it out on other kids!

Brenda
  • We grew up in farm country. Our elementary school was a country school, with a total of maybe 100 students, on a good year, from kindergarten to Gr 8. The one bully I had, lived on the farm around the corner from us, and is now my brother-in-law! ROFL But seriously, he wasn't that bad, pushed me and my best friend around a little, would trip us, and tore the heads off our barbie dolls, and always told us to f off. Well, one day, my sister and the boy who lived right beside us were teasing me, so I told the neighbour boy to "f off" as I had been told the day before by my now BIL. I had no idea what it meant, I was only about 8, and they were about 11. Anyways, that night at the dinner table my sister told on me, I got in trouble, she didn't for teasing me in the first place, and our neighbour didn't come back to our house again til he and my sister were seniors in high school, and his parents were away so my mom invited him! lol... Anyways, I'm pretty sure my BIL feels badly about the way he treated us back then, as the story inevitably comes up when our two families get together (our parents still live there, and my sister bought the house on the corner in between them!) and he always looks embarrassed and a little ashamed. Maybe having kids of his own now has helped with that.

Sadly, some adults don't learn that lesson when they have kids, and you're right, the bullying just continues on at home for them.
    Kelly
advertisement