Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stop Bullying (Anti-Bullying week 15-19 November)

Comments

• Bullying has been going on for so long, in so many places, even parents to children, I have seen it in the way they talk down to them, and when a time of self esteem is so important.

Hearing of kids killing themsleves because they have been bullyed so much, and school, have a no bully rule, but hardly follow it, making excuses, grrrr,

Hopefully Bully Awareness will be a big time thing, and people will be made aware, and accountable.

Kelly, your BIL, too funny,you are so full of great strories, and alway make me smile, or laugh
  • Kelly,

Our resident *cough* bully was Pete. At that time I was in junior high, but the 6th grade. At our bus stop most of us were either in grade 6 or 7 as were most on our route. Pete was the "big" kid in the 8th grade.

He thrilled for knocking kids books to the ground, running off with some of the stuff he wanted (lunch or a new little toy). I don't think anyone liked this kid, and most of us were scared of him. One day he got me in his sites and kept behind me and kept poking me and being verbally rude. When we got to my bus stop he got off and almost pushed me down the stairs. His bus stop was the next one btw. He started pushing me from behind again and something snapped. I turned around and started screaming at him, then I just started wailing on him until he was on the ground!

He was a good 5 inches taller than me, and maybe 25 pounds? When I backed away to look at him crying on the ground, all the other kids cheered! He never bothered anyone on that bus again, nor did he ever go to anyone else's bus stop to torment others. I got home and I shook all over, as I never knew I had it in me. From that day forward I realized that most bullies are bullies because *we* let them have that power. I wonder what course Pete's life took? Hummm... :)

Kelly, since you know your "Pete", is he any different now as an adult compared to his bully days?

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Oh yes, he changed. It's funny, because he was the biggest in our school, too, the proverbial "big strappin' farm lad", lol. I think high school sorted him out, though, he wasn't the biggest anymore.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • smiley735 said:
    Oh yes, he changed. It's funny, because he was the biggest in our school, too, the proverbial "big strappin' farm lad", lol. I think high school sorted him out, though, he wasn't the biggest anymore.
    Kelly,

Either he matured in High School (which I hope is the case), or another bully showed him he wasn't the biggest and baddest anymore! *wink* I do think of Pete every once in a while. (G)

Like Eve said, part of the problem in the schools is the teachers *still* don't try and stop it. We have had a rash of really over the top bully behavior down here, and too *cough* in "Bully free" schools. Sad. It also seems that some of those bullies are the very same "hoodlum" types that cause all manner of illegal mayhem of late! They also sometimes get a "pack" mentality.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I have been here at SH since around 2006 and have seen people disagree and there was never a need for a Novel to be written. That comment alone is a bit rude in itself. This is not about just 1 person, or 1 thread and 1 view. We are all adults and some people hit it off with others while others do not. It does not make it bad or good, it just is, it is life.
    You say you have been a victim of bullying so i would think that you understand the pain and isolation that comes with others behavior.

Chronic pain is hard and living with chronic pain 24/7 has it's own challenges. We all do the best we can. So perhaps a short story would be better, or a slogan , ones i try and live by.

We are here to see each other through, not see through each other.

And if you have nothing to say or contribute, pass, and say nothing
    There is nothing worse then making others or an individual feel worse so you/ or others can feel better or justified.

Life is short. To tell a member that they have to many different issues for this forum to support is a short cut on just plain human kindness.

just my 2 cents

Cindy thanks for looking into all these threads, but where are all the other mods.

let's get back to supporting each other, not tearing each other apart

j
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    I agree!
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • j said:
    We are here to see each other through, not see through each other.

let's get back to supporting each other, not tearing each other apart

j
    So true, I love that line "we are here to see each other through, not see through each other". Well said.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • j said:

And if you have nothing to say or contribute, pass, and say nothing
    There is nothing worse then making others or an individual feel worse so you/ or others can feel better or justified.

I agree completely. I was simply adding the fact that two wrongs do not make a right, but Tamtam said it for me in her post under "announcements."

I don't think you'll find that I was "tearing anybody down." But thank you for showing people what I was talking about.
  • your wasting you time .i tried to calm thing down and all it got me is in a load of trouble .don't rise to it .i have feel i have wasted time and energy tying to calm the waters but if your face doesn't fit there are always going to be bullies where every you go /be that at work or school and even on a forum .please dint rise to it it wont do you any good when i suggested leaving it to the mods i was deemed a bad person i cant believe what i am reading if this in not enough proof that some people can turn i dont know what is something is screaming constructive dismissal of whatever the forum equivalent it
    tx
  • I guess I have been away for awhile as I certainly missed something. But we are here to help one another through the rough times. At least that is why I joined. To help and be helped. Is everyone going to agree, of course not we are all adults and entitled to our own opinions. When we post a question we must be prepared for an answer. If it is constructive criticsm than so be it. I don't feel that is being a bully. Many have been on here for so long or have been through so much more than I. I look to them for their wisdom.
    My dad taught me a lesson in life I will always remember. Simply follow the Golden Rule" Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Now you must admit you can't go wrong with that one.
    Jan
advertisement