Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I got it!

FocusFFocus Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I had an SCS installed yesterday and I am so glad that we went through with it. It hurts where I was cut but I can't wait to turn it on. WOOOHOOO!
Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
Lumbar surgery 2009
Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
Neurostimulator 2010
Heart ablation 2011
Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.
advertisement

Comments

• Focus,

Congrats!! Sounds really good. Please let us know once you and it are turned on, and how it goes! *HUG* <:P <br />
    Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • :-C glad to hear its IN!!!, did they put you out, wehn they cut you? I asked the NS if I would be out, and he said dont worry youll be good and numbed up, but if it get to bad just say hay DR, and we can give you something and you wont remember a thing. Im curious why your not turned on yet,I would think it would be one b4 you left incase something wasnt rigt. Maybe mine wont be turned on immedatly either :? I've not been following your post, are you lumbar? I will be lumbar and also a new one PNS, the lead placed directly over the damaged L4/5 area, and it will only cover an area about the size of a baseball, Mine was supose to be on the 16th but they knocked me off, cause they didnt have approval for the perm one, so now its the 23, and I cant wait <:P , have a great day I cant wait to hear abuot your buzz :H Rose
  • advertisement
  • I was OUT completely. The neuro said that is the only way he does it because of how much muscle he has to cut. He didn't turn it on and won't until a week after the surgery he wants to give the body a chance to heal they just started doing this and said they have better results. I did get it in my lumbar area and it will cover both legs and hips. I have been waiting for this for a long time and I hope it is as good as the trial. :D
    Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
    Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.