Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

My two month post-op check up

Comments

• Thanks for asking bout me Sunny....i'll keep it short. Dr was concerned about weakness of arm and coming out of surgery worse than I went in so to speak. PT if i've not improved by post op Jan 11th Dr visit. I'm using a 2 lb weight, (feels like 25lbs) and working my arm as much as tolerable. Stretching is huge as my muscles have shrunk and atrophy has taken it's toll. I try to stretch alot. Thank goodness for muscle memory yes. I'm glad your improving as well. It takes time, unfortunately for me.... the times seems to go by so slow. Tick..............................................................................................................................tock....as far as improvement.

Be well sunny!
    cgm
  • Great to hear that you are coming along well. As for the NSAIDs and your NS's assistant's reply - I too would let your NS know what she said.

While I sort of agree that you probably didn't do any damage with that pop and pain, but your NS really should know about it, as other things could be going on vs hardware. Please keep us posted. *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Debbie,

I third that I doubt you did anything when you heard the pop. Didn't they do x-rays to be sure everything was still correct? I know whenever I have a concern over something I may or may done, or have high pain following a surgery, he always does x-rays. Actually with this fusion this will be the least amount of checks they do looking at the fusion. While I am 5 months out already, from the 360 adding a level into my fusion, were still trying to get past the inflammation.

I would suggest this to you on the hot flashes I just had a hormone panel run. They were run for many different reasons. But they can check your hormone levels to see if you could be out of balance and causing any issues. I went through my GP on the test to find out my surgeon said he would have run it had I informed him of the other issues, I was having. Also had a vitamin D re-run and still a bit low, so taking more of that in to encourage bone growth.

AS far as the swallowing I posted in your other thread. You can do the swallowing test, but if your x-rays are coming in January I am not so sure I wouldn't wait the results out for those if they didn't take any on this appointment.

Anyway sounds like your right on target keep the healing up and hopefully this will be all done with before you know it.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I don't think I did anything serious either. It did hurt pretty bad for a couple of days but then it got better. It really scared me at the time though. Every time it hurts my husband and son's first question is "what did you do now?" HEHE O:)

Hope you have a good day.
    Debbie
    I don't mean to say that she was wrong...maybe it's just an individual preference thing? She has always acted like the surgery is no more than pulling a tooth! Seriously. Of course, like I always tell them it doesn't hurt them a bit.

Thanks,
    Hope you have a good day.
    Debbie
  • advertisement
    What are you taking for the inflammation? Why do they think you're still dealing with it this far out?

I wanted to ask about the hot flashes but since I didn't see the NS I just let it go. His PA is very young and acts like everything is normal so I don't like to complain. You know what I mean? How sometimes you feel like you're whining if you tell them things?

I didn't have x-rays this time. I'll have them before my next visit. I'm sure everything is normal and I just get to impatient. Other than the things I've mentioned (which is enough!) though I feel great. The spasms finally let up (unless I do something to tick off those muscles :D )I'm really pleased so far with the results of the surgery.

Hope you're doing good today.
    Debbie
advertisement