Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

venting, skull pain

flowerfflower Posts: 460
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
its been 5 days now, and it wont go away

its cerviogenic headache coming from C1-2 C2-3

it usuaslly goes up my skull from base of head , over top of head to down forehead to eyes

but i also get it in the back of my skull, which is what i have now, its nerve pain , but feels like bone and it hurts bad and im sick of it

im not new to this pain , but enough is enough when it goes on and on and on
im icing it now , think ill keep the ice on it till i freeze my head off
NS still hasnt called me back , yes he is very busy, i no.
im gonna have to set up a new appoitment and that will takes months to get

meanwhile the osteophtyes are impinging on my cord

i have severe issues in cervical and all levels affected from C1-T1
ohh what they gonna do , a 7 level fusion , i dont think so!

ok , i think my vent is over
flower
advertisement

Comments

• ive tried distraction techniqies, not working, and ant-inflammortories
    oh and has anyone had an injection for this area C1-3
    in thier drs office without CT guided imagiary

flower
  • Howdy Flower. *HUGZ*

I'm only one level off... My C1/2 is good as far as I know, serious "osteophyte complex at C2/3 causing my disk to bulge out 9mm (last MRI), and gives me dozy headaches! Err.. I think my C3/4 is the only good level?

For me I have Imitrex, but to be fair, I've now got an adjustable TempurPedic, and sleep in an inclined position on my back. The headaches have come down tons from what they were.

My osteophytes by the way are narrowing the exit foremen, so it is stenosis vs on the cord. I am really sorry that they aren't getting back to you - that stinks big time! I so hope you find some relief. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that there are some of us "close" on issues, but supportive to what you are going through. Big *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Getting ready for bed, but if you want to chat... let me know. I will go into chat for a few minutes to see if you appear. :)

Brenda
  • thanks for the support
    and big hugs
    i have the stenosis severe too and narrowing of all cervical discs

what is this med Imitrex that your on?
    thanks avi
    hugs back at ya
    flower
  • Howdy Ms. Flower!!!

Yes, I was given Imitrex (at my request) via my GP. I've only used it twice so far, but so good. She allows me to take it daily, but as we've discussed, if I don't need it 'said day' then that is fine. A lot of times I can catch my headaches with Aspirin, but if I goof, Imitrex. :)

My stenosis is the C2/3, and it is thanks to osteophytes as of the last MRI. I've felt differences, so I know things are changing. Headaches are seeming to be more "under control" than they were before. In part to sleeping differently and too pillow changes - sometimes without a pillow!!!

Enjoyed chatting with you tonight woman! Off to bed in a little bit. Try to rest, and hope you get a break from the headaches!!! *HUGZ* to ya woman!!!

Brenda
  • advertisement
  • for a lovely chat
    hugs
    flower
  • flower said:
    for a lovely chat
    hugs
    flower
    You too Ms. Flower, enjoyed it, and like you learned more for my chronic pain...aka...headache toolbox! Hope to chat again soon! Big *HUGZ* :)

Brenda
  • Oh flower, do I know your pain... I find though, that when the headaches are to the point where my skull hurts, the Imitrex doesn't help, but that's just me. The trick with Imitrex though is to take it as soon as a migraine starts to come on, if I take it too late, it doesn't help at all. It's also not meant to take for "normal" headaches. My pm gives me occipital injections, and they seem to be helping with the headaches, I haven't had one that bad in a while now. He injects anesthetic into the skin right around where that little bump on the back of your head is, about halfway up. I had them once though during one of those types of headaches, and it didn't help at all. It was the weirdest thing, the skin on my skull was completely numb, but the pressure from laying down still hurt so bad. Have you ever tried heat, like laying on your heating pad? It helps me a little. I hope that your headache has let up for you, I know how bad it is.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • helps a great deal to ward off these cerviogenic headaches as we have both discovered avi, and awhile ago i too realised pillow changes helped heaps.

but as you no, no matter what , sometimes they happen anyway

my osteophtyes are impinging the cord and lateral nerve roots and also stenosis at exit foramina with osteophytes compressing the nerve roots, both sides.
    C4-T1 is advanced, with all disc spaces narrowed, sclerosis of articular margins and facet joints

in other words , its a mess

great chatting with you avi, we have similiar cervical issues
    big hugs back at ya
    take care
    flower (still iceing)

• im still iceing my head , gotta numb it , its so painfull, and it wont go away.
    my GP mentioned awhile back about injecting into my head in his office, at the time , i thought oh cool, but i didnt ask him about the details.
    so, im now wondering what he was talking about
    i wonder if what you had was the same thing?

i remember he said something about the nerve, is that what you have ??
    so he was saying it would help the nerve pain

hope your in low pain mode kelly
    flower
    he he , just thought , i could use your name now numbskull , lol

advertisement