Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back Pain and Surgery

Comments

• Sorry to hear what you've been through. Has the Dr. done any x-rays post surgery? I agree though you said get all the OR reports and all your CDs of x-rays and MRI and hopefully a Pain Management Dr. can help you until you see another Surgeon. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My dr refused to order me another MRI (my surgeon that is). So I got my orthopedic surgeon that I have been seeing over my knee to order one for me because he felt that some of my knee problems stemmed from my back. According to the results, my back is now worse and there are no signs that anything was even done to it. I was supposed to have had a discectomy... No signs of it whatsoever! So I found a new dr and showed them both reports. They said they could understand why I was in such pain and prescribed me new meds that are helping me a lot better. Also, they are referring me to another surgeon to see if they can fix the problems I have. So I still have pain but at least I may be able to possibly see that this dr doesn't mess someone else up worse like he did me. I am really hoping that is the case. My new dr told me that even a lawyer fresh out of law school should be able to bury this guy. He said that all he did was take a weak back and cut into the muscle and make it weaker. Probably to ensure that I would keep coming back. And my physical therapist (which I was sent to by my knee surgeon) said that he won't see patients referred by that dr because he will send them and they will only come one session and of course they aren't gonna feel better after one session, but then he will convince them after that session that they need surgery. So yeah, I think we can maybe get this guy in some trouble and that's what he deserves. I really don't want anyone else suffering at his hands.
  • advertisement
  • Always remember you are NOT alone. There are thousands of us that have gone thru the same exact thing you are going thru.

""He always states in his notes that I report not having pain and that is far from the truth.""

He is trying to cover the fact that his cutting made you worse. Never see him again, he does not have your health in his interest.

The more important matter tho is your health. You can go to the ER and they can take an Xray of your back. Find a new doctor..stat.

Who knows what that guy did to you "practicing medicine".
This discussion has been closed.