Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Got Brave Today--Back on the Treadmill

Comments

• How, oh how are we supposed to be getting our cardio?

My doc prefers the elipical as well, but that tears up my bad knee.

Water jogging, water jumping jacks (with jog belt), gets kind of boring. I need to change it up now & then, but to what?
  • I was going to swimming well aqua therapy with my Physiotherapist and found as soon as I took the back float board off and did exercises in the water it made my back worse. Do you use a support for your back in the water I thought they would help?

I've been doing a lot of online shopping too and now I look like a hoarder and think I need an intervention. Can't wait until the snow and ice is gone to get out walking again. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Charry,

I think I did a lot of damage by swimming. I could not seem to get it thru my head that it was the swimming causing my low back pain! Like many of us, I just pushed thru it. Until just a few weeks ago, I was doing 36 laps most mornings. Now I'm a slug.

I use a jog belt for jogging/walking forwards & backwards. I have to stay in the deep end because if my feet hit bottom, it hurts my knee.

I got mine online. You want to be sure to get one made for women, the first belt I had was too wide & chafed alot under my arms.

Swimming also was rough on my neck & caused hyperextension in my back.

Meh. I always thought swimming was the best exercise for everyone.
  • Thanks for the info on the belt. My Physiotherapist has me doing only water walking and a few other exercises but not regular swimming. It would be good if you could find a treatment Physiotherapy that has warm water therapy if you chose to go to swimming. I found my PT through a children's disability pool so really had to look around for pool therapy. Best wishes and hope you find the right cardio exercise to do. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hello,
    Those high impact activities are not good for the future and I use a bike to ride about, gets the heart rate up, low impact and I see more. I too gave up on swimming which I loved and as a runner before all these are big issues for me,

Take care, brave was a good word !!!!

John.
  • advertisement
advertisement