Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I was Locked up

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Alternative Treatments
Many of you know that I had two complete shoulder replacements done in 2010 and am currently in the recovery phase which will last into 3Qtr 2011.

I recently stopped standard Physical Therapy because the start of their strengthening of my shoulder started to flare up my cervical, thoracic and lumbar problems.

Because of all the snow we have had, the use of my snow blower, in the process of closing of my mother's house and extra hours at the wine shop, I've been having more and more lower back problems. When I saw my physiatrist yesterday,
she noticed the pronounced drop foot in my right foot and some lack of movement in my hips and legs. So back to Physical Therapy for that.

Meanwhile, my master Deep Tissue person from Thailand has been working on my shoulder, specifically the scar tissue area to give me more range of motion.

Today, he saw that from my mid to lower back everything was locked up. I had little free movement and it has been causing me problems.

On the table, he started digging in with his elbows each disc area from the Tx down to Sx. Then it was stretching everything there. It HURT!

Then on the floor, and he started to do the same , but this time with his toes and heels. About double the amount of force that his elbows can deliver. I just about screamed each time he jumped with his toes or heels into the disc spaces. Then holding one space open and pulling the rest with his other foot. This was about 35 minutes of hell.

But after wards sitting up, it was amazing. The Locked up situation my back was in was released!! In some regards, his work is similar to what traction can do, only many times more forceful and effective.

My lower back feels so much better now. And when that happens, it generally starts to calm down any flareups I have in the thoracic and cervical area.

Alternative treatment at its best!

Also, please note that this master takes on patients only as referrals from doctors. He receives a prescription and has access to all diagnostic tests. But in reality, he just needs to look at you, watch you walk and move his hands up and down your spine to see where the problems lie.

So, even his forceful jumping up/down on disc areas is
quite acceptable and productive. My own physiatrist also
sees this person for some of the spinal problems she has.

Its good NOT to be LOCKED UP
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• I could envision this whole process, Ron, and can also relate to it! So glad you have someone so wonderful to give you that relief when you need it. I had a fellow from India who did very gentle "orthobionomy" that would often give me the most amazing relief.

Tell him to keep up the good work - we need you around here!

Tracy
  • That sounds absolutely wonderful. I would love that.

I saw the title of your thread and came here with an entirely idea about being "locked up!" I was expecting a really entertaining story!! hahaha =))
  • advertisement
  • Yes I thought it was something else with that title at least you feel drawn to read it. I'm glad you got some relief Ron. I have a picture of someone stomping on the back and don't think I would benefit but maybe? My back feels bruised all the time. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yep. I was like "oh no what did Ron get into THIS time" ;)

Isn't it nice Ron to know our first thoughts of you are troubled :laugh:
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I thought maybe you had been locked up in Spinal Health Jail lol. I wonder if your Deep Tissue person knows of others in my area?

Marianne
  • advertisement
  • I have honestly wondered if mine would feel better if I backed the car over it!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
    I can now thank Miss McGillicuddy for teaching me the finer are of how to 'Grab someones attention'!
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • outofcontrol said:
    i have honestly wondered if mine would feel better if i backed the car over it!
    i also started a post awhile back and the title got many views. https://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain-management/size-important

that deep tissue massage sounds rough and don't think i could take it. i have a hard time getting the thumper with the massage therapist you know the machine that stomps on your back? charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement