Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hilarious Pain Scales

OwwieOOwwie Posts: 60
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Lighten and Brighten
https://careandcost.com/2011/01/29/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably/

this made me crack up! i laughed so hard i snorted!

*has language that may be offensive to some sensibilities*
advertisement

Comments

• This is a good one, ty for sharing!

Marianne
  • Cute! Hehehe

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • I laughed so hard at her interpretations of the standard scale! "Hmmm, I didn't know that about giraffes" :))

I spent 13 days in the hospital in Nov/Dec, and woke up to that pain scale staring at me...just didn't seem to express accurately what I was feeling! ;)

• That was good and I needed that laugh today. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital not long ago, and the pain chart was in the room in 2 or 3 places. I remember my nurse coming in and seeing me in so much pain she went and got another a nurse in training so she could show her what REAL pain was and not drug seeking. All I remember is her going see its not on the chart thats the difference.
    Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
    Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.
  • hahahaha, thank you!!! That is Most excellent... and I think I'm going to share it with my doctor... he's got one of those giant ones in one of the exam rooms and it always makes me want to growl!
  • advertisement
  • The new one is much more appropriate!!
  • This chart had me allmost choking with lafta lol!! Thanx guys - much needed x =)) ROFL !!!!
  • God thats hilarious, i'm new to this site, i only have sciatic pain from a herniated disc and shooting pain is not described by any of those faces...from reading some of your posts i'm not that bad just this nerve pain can be unbearable.
advertisement