Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Really Bad Fatigue (5 months post op)

MelonMMelon Posts: 4
I am about 5 months post op from having a C3-T3 fusion.
I am experiencing really bad fatigue of late and have noticed sporadic but not pervasive waves of depression. They seem to last for several hours and then dissipate and go away entirely. I completely did away with the pain meds and muscle relaxers that they have prescribed thinking that this could be the problem (I still have plenty of them but stopped using them). I have been missing work because of this. Sometimes have difficulty walking up a couple flights of stairs.

Any ideas?
Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Melon,

Welcome to Spine Health!! 5 months is a long time. Have you mentioned this to your surgeon or GP? My last fusion I was really draggy and tired for about 2 months. I have been getting that way again of late, but I did have the thyroid tests, and mine are low, so chances are, that is my issue. Not interested in hormone replacement - cancer risks to me are too high.

One thing I was thinking about. You were fused from C3 all the way to T3? Your body and spine have a lot to adjust too. It can take a year or more for all those levels to fuse, which takes your bodies energy to do. Are all your levels fusing, or are there any levels not doing anything yet? I hope you find out soon. I've had the 'fall asleep' at the table game - bites! Again, welcome aboard!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks so much for your kind response Brenda.
    I have had three visits to the surgeon since the
    surgery. The last two were with his nurse practitioner. The last visit did not involve any xrays, etc. which I thought strange. I am feeling a little better of late.
    Likely it is as you point out (and as the doctors have pointed out). I have been reminded that this particular surgery can take as long as 1 year to heal. I was supposed to see my GP today but I am out sick with flu. I wanted to have my thyroid tested as well.

Again, Many Thanks!
  • advertisement
  • this blog is really great. it thought me a lot. i would also like to share something as well today. i did a small research and found thatEDITEDis the most healthy oil.

EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Numbskull
  • EDITEDPersonal Trainer Personal Trainers from Workout at home Personal Training. We have qualified male and female personal trainers and fitness trainers in your area. Call a personal trainer for a free consultation

EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Numbskull
advertisement