Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

It's showtime, Permanent SCS tomorrow...

Comments

• Hi Honeysmom! I'm still trying new ones out, but I've actually had it on the same one for several days, I just have to keep turning it up. I'm going back to work on June 9th. I will work one night, then have my normal six day weekend. ( I work 3 on, 2 off, 3 on, 6 off). I think that returning to work will be the deciding factor as far as how well the SCS works for me. I will have to take it easy and ask for help, but I had to return to work with no restrictions. There is no question ... I have to work period. My incisions are still healing and sore, but the surgical pain is gone for the most part. I still have some discomfort at the IPG site and the lami site is just plain sore and tender, I have a pretty good sized lump that is slowly getting smaller by the day. My stamina is definitely not too great...hopefully that will improve once I'm back to work. I can see that I am always going to have discomfort, it's just a matter of getting a grip on it and get it to a managable level so that I can have a life again. I'm tired of doctors, needles, knives, and wasting all my time off going to appointment after appointment!

I did get a chance to get out last weekend! I took my kids to the city to see Riverdance. OMG it was just fantastic! I was totally fine driving up there and back, no problem sitting through the two hour show...I managed to get absolutely fabulous center stage tickets.

How are you feeling? They, being your doctors, won't let you carry your laptop? I still have the limp and tight tendons on my right leg, but I think the limp should get better once I can do some stretching to attempt to get that atrophied leg working better!

I'll be sure to update about how work goes. I suppose I could just wear my LSO brace again to restrict the bending, twisting, etc but I'd rather just burn it ;)
  • Good luck going back to work! It sounds like it may be difficult, but hopefully the neurostimulator will make it bearable. :? If you're like me, staying at home is incredibly boring and going back to work (hopefully) will be mentally satisfying!

And lucky you to see Riverdance!! I'd love to see it in person. What I've seen on screen is wonderful, and there's nothing like seeing performances in person. :)))
  • advertisement