Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I don't know what to do....

Comments

• Kelly,
    I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. Nerves do take a while to heal, so they tell me anyway. I am like you so I can completely understand where you are coming from. We have these surgeries so we can get better, so we have less pain, so we can live as close to a normal life as we want... but then are always told it takes time... urrrr frustrating for us all. I am impatient, especially after waiting so long. You are pretty fresh out of surgery, your nerves are still healing. I am praying for you to get full movement and decrease in pain every day... If they can tell me after how many years that there is a chance to grow bone and my screws will tighten themselves you do have a good chance of getting full movement back after two weeks. You keep me positive and I will do my best to keep you positive, because I feel like you, what if I have to live like this for the rest of my life, what if this what if that...
    Take Care :)
    Sheryl
  • <:P Congrats on the sale of your current home and the purchase of your new one!<br />
    Wow, only three weeks. Do try to pace yourself getting packed up and hopefully you will have your mom and maybe sister or other friends and family to help.

Then once your in, you can take your time getting all your pretty dishes set up beautifully.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • Thanks Sheryl and Karen!

lol, I haven't even started getting boxes to pack, I really should get on that...

I saw the ortho at my pain clinic on Wednesday, as a 2nd opinion. The hospital didn't send my post-op mri and emg results like they were supposed to, so he didn't really have a whole lot to go on. I have to call them back and get on them to send the tests to him and then I'll go back and see him again. He did say though, that it was probably a good idea not to let the ns go back in so quickly, especially since I have regained the mobility that I have back. He thinks that possibly it could have been from the positioning during the surgery, but again, he hasn't seen the post-op MRIs, and hasn't seen how much the stenosis at the level below has progressed since my last mri, that he did see. Who knows, more of the hurry up and wait game. My arm seems to be at a stalemate right now, not getting any better, but it's so much better than what it was, it's nice to at least be able to bend my arm from the elbow!

On another exciting note, I'm treating my mom to a trip in October, and am super stoked to go. I know I've complained about her lots with her being over-bearing, but she really has done so much for me the past few years, so it's the least I can do. I found a deal for a 3 night stay at a spa in Costa Rica!! I can't wait. She doesn't know it yet, but I've also booked us in for a pedi and massage, we're going to live like rock stars for 4 days, lol. It makes me happy that I can do this for her (and me, too!) We were supposed to take a trip to Greece when I was to go on leave from my last tour overseas, but had to cancel as the idiot I was semi-living with decided to dump me via e-mail, and I ended up having to come back home to get all my furniture out of his house (I was living in barracks at that time). I've always felt bad about cancelling our trip, as she's never been anywhere outside of Canada and the US, so this is to make up for that, too. I just ordered some new clothes on line for the trip (I hate shopping). I never wear dresses, but caved and got a couple just for the occasion. The bf should be happy about that, as he always complains that I never wear a dress. But oops, he's not going, LOL. Girls only this trip, haha. I say serves him right for going back up north without me ;) I get the RFA for my SI joint a couple of weeks before our trip, so hopefully it will be a somewhat pain-decreased time! I also can't wait for that, as it's been kicking into high gear lately.

Another good point from this week is that I got a letter saying that they've received my application for CPP Disability (our version of SSD) so I should be hearing back if I'm approved or not in the next few weeks, just in time for my medical release.

I didn't think that I've been all that stressed with all that's going on, but my body is telling me differently, so I have these things to look forward to and keep me going through the next few weeks. Bring it on 'cuz in a few weeks I'll be in CR getting an hour long full body deep tissue massage and it will be worth it :D
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Well if Bf. Not going take me then sheesh. We can just pretend i am a long lost relative. Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • The crazy uncle perhaps Alex? LOL
    Kelly
  • advertisement
  • Make sure your Mom has a passport so you can get away with her. LOL. Now we need a passport to go to the States and I haven't got one yet I've been to several States already and even Barbados back in the olden days of the late 90's where we had some freedom of being born in Canada to go anywhere but now I have to get my passport even though I've even worked in Florida with a TC Visa before. Sounds like a nice time with your Mom. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My passport will expire in few more months so i am good, i need a trip before it expires.

For a free trip i can play crazy lost long uncle. Your mom will not even know i am there.

Congrats with new house,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Lol Charry, it's me that needs to get a passport! My mom and step-dad are snowbirds of sorts, so her's is good to go. The cool thing is that they at least smplified the process, and you can get anyone to guarantor, even family, as long as they have a valid passport, so my mom is doing that for me too!

Alex, somehow I have the feeling that everyone knows you are around at all times ROFL You would definitely make a trip memorable!! Thanks about the house! Got my furnace guy today, he's ready to go in and install as soon as I get possession, woohoo. Things are falling into place nicely!
    Kelly
  • Okay, so a bit of an update...

I'm all moved in to my new house, and loving it! I had to get rid of quite a lot of things, which is okay. I found out though that I still need to sell a sofa as my two just don't fit in my little living room, it's quite squishy in here, lol. And I just bought them this spring too! Oh well.

I don't know what I would have done without my mom, she did so much. Who am I kidding, she did pretty much all of it, lol. My brother and SIL helped out a lot too. I hired movers to move all the boxes and furniture, so that part was easy, and my mom and SIL unpacked all the boxes for me. I'm hiring a guy to do all the painting that did some work for a friend of my mom's, will be calling him this coming week, so that should be done in the next month! Can't wait!

Other news, I broke up with my bf a couple of weeks ago (a week before moving actually). He was causing me a lot of unnecessary grief and stress from afar, and it was just not needed on my part. So, as it stands now, my dreams of moving up north are going to be put away on a shelf. But that's probably for the best anyways, until everything else gets stabilized with my arm and neck and back and everything else. I love my new little house though, I can see myself living here for the long haul, so it's okay. I actually feel a lot lighter emotionally than I have in a very long time. He had been bringing me down in so many ways that I wasn't willing to admit to anyone else, let alone myself, and this was just for the best, for both him and me. Now that I'm not moving up north, I can use this move as my final move from the military, so they are actually paying for it all, which is great.

On a lighter note, I started my retirement leave this weekend, and as of 09 Nov, after 19 1/2 years, I will be a member of the civilian world once again, lol. To celebrate, and to thank my mom for all the help that she's given me over the past couple of years, I'm taking her to a spa at the end of the month in Costa Rica! We are going to live like stars and get totally spoiled, I so can't wait!! A friend of mine is posted to Belgium, and we are planning for me to go visit her in March of next year, so that's something else exciting to look forward to. Except we are planning lots of little sightseeing trips, and that has me a bit worried, but I'm trying to just be excited about the experience of it.

I've also got my new civilian family doctor set up for next month, my mom's said she would take me on, even though she knows of all my problems, lol. My current dr also sent out a referral to an ns here in my own city, so I can have another opinion as I've lost confidence in mine (after he said he was afraid to touch me now), and the ortho wants to see me again, as the hospital hadn't sent the imaging yet when I saw him the last time. So, things are looking up, and I'm feeling good spiritually in spite of the usual physical stuff, now that my release and the move are done with. That's a lot of stress lifted. I feel like my life is just beginning now!
    Kelly
  • Glad to hear that you are all set up in new home.Happy retirement! Thank you for all your years of service to our wonderful country. =D>

Sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend breaking up, but it sounds like it may turn out to be a good thing in the end for the both of you. Glad that you are getting all set up with new doctor's. Hope that you find one that you have full confidence in.

Have fun getting all settled in...but don't overdue things.

Wishing you all the best!

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.