Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

The Long and winding road

MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
edited 03/21/2017 - 9:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
a
advertisement

Comments

• Just looking at your MRIs send pain through my body! I'm glad to see that the posterior approach allowed fusion to occur. My biggest fear is that the level above my fusion is not perfect and is probably going to require surgery in the future.

My lumbar area has been bothering me recently and I'm due for an MRI next week. Not looking forward to the results, but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with! My neck issues came as a shock to me, so I want to be in the know with my lumbar and hopefully avoid surgery with conservative therapy. Are you on pain meds for your lumbar issues?
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Wow...... That's so messed up but cool to look at. Your a real Frankenstein .so what are they gonna do about the new neck issue.?
  • advertisement
  • Can they do a lami to free up the uper level on the neck without further having to fuse any more levels? I dont think you can even worry about doing anything with the lower back untill they can fix the neck issue that started it all.

This is what sucks having surgery when all the stress from either fusion on the neck or the back creates other discs to go out. I think only people that dont have issues after fusion with other levels are who hapen to be lucky enough to have very healthy spine over all.

If you have the slightest spine issue that you are not even aware of yet other then the level that went out that dr can see and looking to fix. Soon as that fusion takes place you will realise what other levels were border line cause now you feel pain from places you never have before. This is the reason spine surgery is never good unless they seriously doing it to keep the spine from colapsing in some cases.

Good luck dave on them fixing the neck freeing up the nerve and hopefuly you can work out the back issue without opening a whole new can of worms with surgery. I would even try home traction for the back just to see if i could get the disc to back off the nerve just enough to posibly help manage the pain and avoid the surgery with that.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hehehe It looks cool!!! (ok more like painful) But still cool.................
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Wow, for your lumbar, that L3 (L2-L3, right?) sure looks ugly.....looking at those even makes ME hurt!

Here's hoping for relief for you!
    Charlie
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    You want me to go "on the rack" and Michelle thinks I look like "Frankenstein". Quick hide me !! The villagers with the torches are after me !!!!

Laughing through the pain !! (haw haw)

d
  • I could of used some plywood scews on ya and cut some 2x2. To place in your neck that would of looked beter then what dr,s did on ya.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
    Now you hurt my numb nerves!!

So the jokes on you - I couldn't feel it !!!

Given the choice of numbness or pain ..... I choose
    Nirvana.

Peace Bro!

d
  • Mine is almost identical to what your neck looks like! It does look cool but it doesn't feel so cool. I feel for you big time and I hope they can help you out. I'm fused at 3 and down to T1. If you can avoid it, don't do it!! lol.
    Numb .... According to our beloved deratome maps that nerve is supplied by L4 - Which just so happens to be where the worse herniation in my lumbar spine is. (see last picture).

Its so fun to be able to at least diagnose my problems without a doctor ... Now if I could only do surgey on myself!! Any body got a sharp and clean butter knife??

Good Morning fellow pain fighters!!

d
advertisement