Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Bobble Head nap mistake!! Hurt locker for the neck!!

Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,740
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
A few years ago my hubby bought me a really nice and comfy office chair for my computer time. I love this chair, but I have been in a major "hurt locker" for almost 3 days due to my stupidity!

The chair like most office chairs can be locked erect, or allowed to lean back a bit. I made the mistake of falling asleep in it with the recline position allowed. It doesn't recline like a recliner mind you, so if you fall asleep, your head tends to fall forward - not a good way for a neckie - especially the lower levels to nap!

I did a 'Bobble Head' like nap, and man-o-man-o did I pay for that laziness on my part! My neck is still stiff and sore, but my pain got so bad I didn't eat (nothing would stay down), and didn't post. I'm one that I hit 7 and above, posting is not on my list to do! I don't know how some saying they are 9 or 10 can post...wow! I guess lesson hopefully learned. (G)

Brenda
PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement

Comments

• Oops. I do that all the time. I feel the same way about those saying their pain is a 9 or ten, or .....wait for it...10+ (lol). Really, and you are typing this, because I've never had a 10+, and the few times my pain measured a ten I was in the ER, something I have only done a handful of times in my life. 8 or 9 and I'm in bed. Well, nine is considering ER and all that is on my mind. Certainly not typing or even wanting to talk about it. There were times I have been sitting at the computer, felt my pain creeping up to what I consider a seven and it can be hard at that point to even leave the chair..I sat too long and/or missed my medication. Yeah, I feel the same way about those numbers.

Sorry about the neck, heat & ice, ROM, meds, etc., and hope you feel better.
  • Robin,

Nodding (carefully hehe) I've been to a 10 a few times in my life, and each one of them, I was at the ER. My last was a strangulating tumor = emergent surgery. I collapsed in pain 3 times that day, once at home (911 called) and then twice in the ER.

"My pain is 8-9-10+ and I am great typing a novel long post." Umm.. okay. (G) Mid 7 and above, like you, in bed, not on the computer, bumping 9 ER is in my thoughts, 10 = ER.

Feeling a bit better, but gonna try to not nap in this chair! I still haven't eaten, more so not because the pain is still that high, but I think with it being so high over over 2 days, my appetite isn't really there. I will have a light dinner though. Oh, and my fur kids were great, they snuggled with me the whole time! Pain or not, it warmed my heart. :)

Brenda
  • advertisement
  • Donna,

I hope you feel better soon. Don't look up for the fireworks!
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Sorry Brenda. I saw Donna was on...I'll blame it on my memory issues and lack of concentration due to chronic pain.

Take care.
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Hey Brenda,

Feel better! Keep snuggling with the furries, and glad you're going to eat at least a little something....

Charlie
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    Brenda,
    I hope you get that pain down to a manageable level. I've never done that. But my wife has. And she's not even a neckie.
    Fortunately she goes to bed befor me. And I'll save her from the "bobble head effect" when I go up to bed.
    Get better soon!
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • KarenD said:
    Sorry Brenda. I saw Donna was on...I'll blame it on my memory issues and lack of concentration due to chronic pain.

Take care.
    Thanks very much Karen,

You scared me there for a second. I thought my Lyrica affects changed! Lol!!

A bit better tonight (I think more so due to watching wonderful fireworks!!), but been doing gentle stretches and fore and aft stretches. Of late laying on my back, both hands lose the pinkie and most of the ring, so I know that's changing. Love this stuff - NOT! :)

Last night trying to sleep it was of course doing that, but I was also getting pain down my arm - I am hoping that's due to aggravating it with my Bobble head nap!

Brenda
  • Charlie,

Except for my Jungle cat (Chausie) freaking out with all the bangs, they all stuck by me tonight. I did eat, stomach isn't giving any clue of tossing, so improvement. :)

Brenda
  • I've done the Bobble head before, but usually only for a few minutes and I realize it and go lay down proper. I was just really tired I guess, so did a few "Bobbles" too many this time! Still a bit stiff and sore, but not even close to what it was, so that's a plus. Thanks again Jim.

Brenda
  • Ah, the dreaded 'bobble head syndrome'! I hate it when this happens - not only does it increase neck pain, but I'm always left with a day-long headache too. Someone should design an anti-bobble chair or sofa for people like us...
advertisement