Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Guidelines to read before you post

Comments

• I'm certain in the months to come this site will become my go-to source of info and support
  • cjp1986ccjp1986 Posts: 42
    edited 08/23/2012 - 2:13 PM
    hello, I'm new here. I have spinal stenosis, arthritis in my lumbar spine, bulging disc's, and scolisis. I'm here to learn new information and support. I had a discogram on yesterday (08-22-2012), and will be having a anterior lumbar fusion in the near furture.
  • advertisement
  • Please be patient with me as I try to learn the ropes. Glad to be here. Randy
  • I am Randy. In a nut shell I have hardware from C-2 to L-1 with little interuption. I have a T-9,10 fusion resulting from a delayed diagnosis of osteomyelitis. I also have a T-12 to L1,2 fusion from a serious fall. In addition to my spine difficulties I broke my left leg in two places, broke both my feet, ankles and heels in the fall too. I found out today 2-4 of my lower pedicle screws are backing out. I needed a place to go where others would know what I'm talking about. Thanks
  • I'm 25 and had a discectomy in dec 2006 and a discectomy/laminectomy in Jan 2007, at L5-S1. I am now having severe pain issues again and horrific leg and hip pain. I am not able to roll over in my bed and am "hunched" over when I get up from sitting down for about 10 steps. I would like to know if anyone in the DFW area is on here and where you went for your surgeries. I used Nuerosurgeons and Baylor Hospital for my first two surgeries but am not sure where/who to go to now.... Thanks for the help!
  • advertisement
  • ArkSlimAArkSlim Posts: 1
    edited 09/07/2012 - 5:30 AM
    Just joined this site. Will be having surgery next week and am looking for information on what to expect,am somewhat nervous
  • welcome arkslim. We are glad to have you. I am fairly new myself. You did not say what type of surgery you will be having. My 360 degree, 2 level fusion is on 9/17. This will be my 1st spinal surgery and i am a little nervous. From reading on these boards, i think im in for some really bad pain the first week or two. But im praying that it will not be more than i can bear. Good luck to you, and let us know how you are doing.
  • samFoster03samFoster03 Posts: 1
    edited 09/09/2012 - 8:01 PM
    Hi,
    I m also newbie..your most welcome to this community. Hope you will stay over here for long time with us...... Cheers!

• I have a spinal fusion in my neck (1995, c5-c6, no hardware).

I find posting on internet boards to be therapeutic. Not only do I get the opportunity to connect with others in similar situations, there is always something new to be learned. The practice of medicine is constantly changing.

Unfortunately after several pain-free years post surgery, my pain did return. Chronic pain is such a witch.

Looking forward to making some new internet friends. ;-)

• Hi! Obviously, I'm new and I'm a bit intimidated by the wealth of info here, mostly because I don't know that I have a "condition", as such. My back was injured when I was 12 and I've had small pain problems (sciatica), off and on. mostly in response to some trauma. (I'm very athletic.) However, nothing has been too bad until recently.

Two days ago I was lifting my 32 lb. dog from the tub and I swung her on to the toilet, where the bath towel was laid. As I did this, I felt a truly huge pain in my back, as if I'd been kicked. I'm very good at handling pain but I can't remember anything like this. There is a wide band of "burning", from the bottom of my ribs to the top of my buttocks. (Initially, I had a shooting pain up my legs when I walked but this has gone away.) This pain is constant and I have great difficulty walking. I've done the hot/cold routine and am taking aspirin, which doesn't really help. It wakes me up at night and I usually sleep like a hibernating bear.

I'm not going to a doctor because the last time I had back pain I did go, got a shot, 2 days worth of pain pills and a pat on my geriatric head. It cost $585. and my Medicare, of course, only covers 80%. I guess that I'm hoping that someone will tell me that I just pulled some muscles and I'll be back training dogs in no time. Or else, I just want to kvetch. :-D

Thanks, so much.
    Endora
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.