Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Starting roxicodone today...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in Chronic Pain
I think a lot of you use this with success correct? I am going to pick it up in a couple of hours. It is the same deal, I'll still be married to damn pills but hopefully it provides better relief. I'm trying this before I try oxycontin. I guess I'm trying everything else first cuz I'm scared about oxycontin. What do you all think? My doc said this stuff has no acteminephine in it and it if didn't work real well I should take a tylenol 500 with it and see if that makes it work better. Anyone every heard/done that???
advertisement

Comments

• So I get an e-mail for responses. How do you make it do that when you first create the topic?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
    Is essentially Oxycodone.
    What dosage did your doctor prescribe?

Many people have a fear of oxycontin. I spent over two years on it at various dosages and never ran into problems. Since then I have used Opana ER on and off for the past 3 or 4 years.

It gets very confusing when you start to look up narcotics in the Oxy.... or Hydroc... family. The brand names go on and on. Almost to the point where there really are only a few major narcotic formulas.

What was the statement about the email? I wasnt sure what you were saying there
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • It is very confusing.. I am hoping this will be the ticket, at least for a while. I guess if it isn't, I'll try the oxy. I'm just worried about being goofy in the head or something. I need to be on my game at work and at home.

It is the 15mg 5 times a day she prescribed.

I was wondering when you post your new topic there isn't an option to get an e-mail notification when someone responds to your topic. When you reply to the topic there is then so I always have to go in twice and set it for notifications...
  • Marion,

Your looking to highlight the option below where you make a comment, "notify me of follow-up comments posted here:" Actually it is right below Input format, below the box you type your comment in. Also see in the blue below that "your account edit page", that will take you to your page to be sure that you have follow-up notifications checked on your page, so they will go through.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,786
    The acetometphen (tylenol) in Norco - vicodin - Percocet allegdely helps potentiate the effects of the narcotic .... thats why she said to add some tylenol to the mix .... they also add it so that people don't take more than a certain amount each day - as I believe its 4 grams or 4000 mg that is considered a potentially toxic level of tylenol.

Regards,

d
  • advertisement
  • I am pretty happy right now. I was hurting bad, bad this morn when I rolled into work at 630. I had taken my perk, but it only did a so-so job. I feel quite a bit better right now, took the Roxi about an hour ago. I am hoping it will last a good long while! That would be nice if it could last 6 hours or so. She said 5 a day would be o.k., but 4 would be good too if it lasts that long. Guess I'll find out.
  • i have been on oxycontin for 10 or so years ago. i am goofy in the head but my wife says that is just me normally, no seriously, i have never had so called goofy in the head problems with oxy. for me at least, the dose that goes into your blood stream is so small that i don't really feel it. at first, i got a little of the high symptom but after a couple of days, no problems. for me it is like taking an aspirin, no goofiness at all. i can only speak for myself. i take 45mg of it 4x's a day, compounded formulation. i also take the fenatly lollipops and still no goofy feeling. i believe after a while one gets used to the meds. i work on it and have no problems at all. try it for a week or so and see how you react, then make a decision about taking it. i believe this is why people will up their dosage because they feel that it is not working because they don't feel it. the only negative problems i have had with oxy is the feeling that my personality is flatlined. no ups or downs, just there. but this is nothing i lose sleep over.
    good luck
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I take 60 mg a day of oxycontin. If I ever did feel a little "goofy" was when I first started taking it, but that didn't last very long. Actually, I think it was only dilaudid that ever gave me the goofy feeling at first, the only problems of recurring "brain-farts" I had was on that after my first surgery. Oxycontin and also percocet for bt, doesn't really affect me at all, except for providing some relief.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I am going to see over the weekend how this goes, and then I see my doc Wednesday to discuss how it is. I am probably just being majorly paranoid over nothing cuz I know you two are sane as sane can be! LOL! LOL! No, I'm serious, I am being paranoid over nothing. I will give it a try if this doesn't seem to work out for me..
  • Mouse said:
    cuz I know you two are sane as sane can be! LOL!

Well, acutally, I wonder about that, for myself, most days... 8}
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.