Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'll be offline all weekend and it's 48C or 118F Humidex Prayers please

charryccharry Posts: 5,659
It will be almost 50C humidex tomorrow in Toronto which would be record breaking! Converted to F it is 122F but this is with the humidex factor. Today was 107F or 42Celsius! I hope somehow it won't be so hot tomorrow. Friend of husband coming tonight with big truck to move the large items so tomorrow we can just move a few things in a rental van like TVs and equipment and computer, towels, sheets etc. cats. Didn't sleep too much and had to see lawyer to bring key and sign papers for final of house selling and have to pick up check Friday.

Now he wants to move. I'm not ready! I'm staying here overnight with the cats and my computer and TV and e can get me and the things with a rental van. I'm not going to kill my back. It's hurting pretty bad right now. Sara

There's a chance I may have to move tonight and I will be away unhooked up until Friday morning then Lawyer appointment to close the house and see my Dr. I won't be around for a few days so please wish me luck and prayers. Thank you. Charry
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• Moving is never fun, especially when you are hurting. Good thoughts to you. Hurray for cats!!

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • lots of luck as you go about the big move! be as careful as you can! i just got finished moving my mother in law in for the past four days so i know what you are going to be feeling!! get ready to fall apart at night!! LOL!!! take care! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • Sara,

I've moved so much in my life, blah, I hate it, and don't envy you. Of course those moves, my spine was my friend!

Please try to not rush tomorrow, and try to rest even if the new place initially is in disarray! The heat alone kicks butt! In south Florida our humidity is always way up there this time of year, so use to indexes up around 110 or a touch more is normal. What you have going on is not the norm, so take it easy, and drink tons of water!

Good luck with it!! *HUGZ* :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Big furniture was moved okay and I will be staying here another day and will go tomorrow night. So tomorrow I hear it will get to 47C=116.6F and a record breaking day for a temperature here in all time! So will probably move the rest at night and husband may go there tomorrow and set up the beds and everything.

I did not lift hardly anything as my back will not allow it. I could barely walk up the steps with my hands full and my leg would not lift on it's own so I almost fell over. A lot of help I am...lol Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Please be careful and take it easy. Moving is not fun, and even when you have everything moved in to the house, there is so much to do with unpacking and organizing. Let everyone else help with all that, you can supervise ;) Don't be in a hurry to get everything in the right spot and perfect. Rest alot and drink lots of water. It's supposed to be 45 here today too.
    Look forward to hearing from you when you are back online. Will be thinking of you today, be careful.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • It's 48 Celsius which is 118 F! It's so hot out and I can't get my cats to stay inside! Well I'll be offline all weekend but may come back for a quick visit later. It's so hot here! Take easy everyone. >:D< Charry

I need a smiley that's all sweaty eww lol
  • Sara, (chuckle)

Face it, you picked the wrong week to move! The really hot crap is starting [finally] to move to the east. Next week it looks a lot better for the central US and Canada!!

Glad to see you all adjusted to the nighttime where it is a tad cooler, and too that YOU are listening to your back and not overdoing it. Enjoy your weekend, and new home! See ya when you get back. *HUG* :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi; and do not even try to do to much with your moving!

Let the friends and family do it for you. They know of your back problems so relax, have a beer and watch.
    Your getting hotter weather then we are in Chicago, it was only 100 degrees here today. #:S

Anyway good luck with your move, and we'll be here when you get back online.
  • They will shut the internet and cable off at 8am or until midnight and will not be here until Monday night.

I have to be out of my house by 6PM. I hope to get the final check today at 130pm. Who ever heard of selling a house and the Owner living in it without getting paid? The Lawyer said we "hope" to have the check today and not Monday but maybe...!!

We have to rent a van to move the rest of stuff not moved yet to my new place and move the cats. All this stuff will not fit in our car and the car has no A/C! We thought the car had A/C when we got it duh.

I hope I can round the 2 cats up before we move they're outside now. Then no cable or internet all weekend. Well I'll guess I'll be busy setting up the new house. It's a real mess because they just dumped all the furniture on the first floor. Sure we got a deal only $400. to move us at 10pm but we were stuck in traffic for 2 hours! So no bed set up.

I hope everyone has a low pain weekend. Best wishes. Charry

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,529
    Charry, I know you have a lot going on right now. The extra heat can not help.

I know you have been through a lot in the past, so , I am sure you have the strength and attitude to get by this heat and anything else.

My thoughts are with you
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement