Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Honey i am home,

advertisement

Comments

• When I had my cataract surgery I don't think I wore my glasses after the first side was done. I did get a pair of those springy eyeball glasses and they were a big hit. After the lovely eye patch for one day. Will be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts. Its really such a piece of cake I wished I had had it done sooner.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Yep jani. Cant wear the eye glasses just the steve wonder sunglasses they give me. Had to wear them all day after the surgery and put 3 diferent eye drops in. They simply just used twilight sedation same as with discogram so i was awake. Had me a ltle worried when they straped my head down like being put in a torture table. How long did it take for 1st eye to heal Jani before you could focus with it? I am typing 1 eye closed with reading glasses and eye is blurry still that they worked on.

Follow up appointment is next day after surgery already so have to drive back there today. People beter stay out of my way on the road. Blind man coming through

Tamtam. You confuse me when i read with both eyes so you can imagine reading with 1 eye closed. Lol. Why does bobbit have your phone number?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • Well she has my phone number cause i know you, don't know why, but something about you cheated her on a dance.

Good to hear your doing better, hopefully the blurriness will clear up in a day or so.
  • Glad the first eye is done. It did not take long to be able to focus. I think the day after when the shield came off. I went back two weeks later for the 2nd eye so I have 2 pair of Stevie Wonder sunglasses. Night driving is weird because the headlights have halos. Just a side effect. You get used to it. I had to drive aways for my appointments too.

I went back in the spring for laser treatment to "clean things up" (some membranes or something) and they do one eye at a time. So I thought they would only dialate one eye. Ha Ha. I had both eyes dialated and you have this flash effect for about 15 minutes afterwards. I was a wreck trying to drive home. I had to wait awhile before I could even see a little. That on top of more pain pills because I was sitting to drive. Next time I took someone to be the designated driver.

Let me know how you are doing.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Alex I don't post much, but I do read here quite a bit and you always manage to make me chuckle (or at least grin :D ) I hope your eye surgery went well and you are back to seeing out of both eyes soon!

Meucci
  • advertisement
  • What you mean laser treatment few months later to clean things up? They can still make corrections after surgery is done with the eye or what?

I had my follow up and asked the girl at the front desk what day 2nd eye is set up to be done because i was not told. She says august 15th. Now how is this not creepy when dad died august 15th 2007 and he had completed only the 1 eye surgery.

If anyone lost a parent they know you sometimes remember the last few days or weeks you spent with that parent. In my case the last few weeks was taking dad to these eye surgery appointments. His complications was from being totaly put under for this same surgery not the usual twilight sedation most people have for this type of procedure as i also just had twilight. He did not need to be totaly put out as if it was major surgery or something.

So if anyone has a parent and you take them in for this eye procedure ask the facility which type of sedation they use. Anyone older and that has any sort of medical condition it does mater which sedation they use. Being totaly put under as for major surgery can be much more dangerious for the patient thats older and has any medical issues because it puts a lot of strain on there liver and other organs as we found out the hard way.

I was under the assumption dad was having twilight when i took him in. Only found out diferent day of surgery. If i knew the facts i would of made sure he has medical follow up with the mayo clinic who give him the liver transplant 9 years earlier and he is cleared with them for it. Or at least taken him to another facility that uses twilight. Should of would of, could of as they say.

Its hard to imagine such easy surgery resulted in his death at the end. Ok enough said,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I give up kelly. I dont know the song at all lol.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Yes, after about 6 months they clean up anything left (can't remember what it is, having a senior moment) that the surgery itself didn't get. Improves vision even more. They will check your eyes first to see what is left. Damn I wish I could think of the word I want..

If you are worried or just don't like to think of the surgery on the 15th you should change it. I have lost both parents and I know how hard it is.

Are you seeing out of the surgery eye yet?? Its kind of hard to adjust til you have the 2nd surgery.

Let me know how you are doing.

• Yes i can see out of that eye and looks so much beter. Once the other eye is done i think i will be very happy with it. Growing up and most of my life i had perfect vision . Last 10 or 15 years of being in pain all the time and vision going bad just makes a person feel even more sick. When eye is already blurry and you take some medication that makes you even more blurry, Now then you have like Mr magoo on drugs walking around talking to a tree thinking its a person. Lol.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Glad you can see and are no longer talking to trees. Altho they might be easier to talk to than some people. I remembered the word (all is not lost!) Membranes. The laser takes care of them if there are any still hanging around. Like you I had perfect vision for so long. Keep me posted.

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.