Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

starting to get bummed again for this nerve pain

advertisement

Comments

• Michelle had the same surgery i had around the same years while the flexicore artificial disk was out for clinical trials,

She ended up with just about the same symptoms with nerve issues as i did,
    I myself have not found 1 single person who did not end up with complications with this flexicore disk!

I had the same findings as she is having now mostly where they cant explain the nerve issue other then the nerve root was comprimised while they had to force some of these adr flexicore disks in to place with either over stretching the nerves or simply damaging the nerves while puting them in. Or both, They were like 1 size fits all.

Only diference is i pushed on and found another dr who thought fusing it will help to stop the movement and leaving the adr in there and have the posibility of the nerves healing with no movement on that level!

It was a long shot and it did not help at all. If anything it just made it worse,

I am sure michelle had the same thoughts going in for this adr surgery as i did,
    Sounded beter then fusion and sounded good about being able to go back to work, play golf, or do just about anything as we done before the disk went bad,

This did not hapen for neither 1 of us!

As much as we thought fusion was not our best option at the time. Fusion would of been our safest bet back then , Me in 2004 and her in 2006 i believe,

I did not know anything about back surgery at the time, But after these past few years i am positive both of us would of done ok if we had simply had the old fashion fusion and sure we might of had some mechanical pain as most do after a fusion.

But we would of never sufferred such damage to the nerves as this that they have no way to fix.

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Charry sorry it took so long to reply but Alex is correct I'm up craps creek without a paddle but I have to admit it was a blessings to find him as having the same thing done but was hoping he had better results . We have concluded by what research we have done that the clinical trial was not just stopped for monetary reasons but also defective device resulting in nerve damage that they just don't want to admit. It seems like everyone with this disc follows the same path. At the time I thought I did adequate research and was making the best choice . Now I know I was wrong. I made the choice to try it . Alex didn't get that choice . He got screwed . Ya know I told doc that if I could get into S and M fetish maybe we can make this pain work right ? Lol. Not a chance.:)
  • advertisement
  • Wait. What do you mean you had a choice? Was yours not done same way as mine with clinical trial. Where you go in to surgery and you dont know if you get fusion or adr? Thats how i got mine, i thought yours was same way but i cant remember for sure,

Also what is S and M fetish? I am lost. Lol. I thought i had every fetish known to man kind. So what the heck is s and m?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Yes Alex it wAs a clinical trial and I don't know if it was randomized when they opened us up or not but I was pushing for the ADR based on the load of crap the threw at us In the sales pitch and what limited data I had . I now know i was wrong . Surgeon came out and told chris he had to really shove in the disc because i was too small and it was worse than on the MRI . So I really should have gotten the fusion. I took a chance at a clinical trial and lost. Guess that was the game . As far as s&m " chains and whips excite me!!!!" ya know turn this pain into a sexual experience .lol
  • Hmmm oh ok lol got it,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.