Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

so emotional

maybaby05mmaybaby05 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Matters of the Heart
I have been so emotional since first hearing of what I needed to have done. I had two surgeries in Aug. First was a DILF, the 2nd was a fusion of T10-S1.

I am almost 90 days post op. I cry over just about anything. I am still sleeping in a hospital bed in my family room. We went this route for my comfort. It served it's purpose and I am anxious to get back to bed with my husband. I tried about a month ago and was not comfortable so I went back to "my" bed. I tried again last week and it went well! I was comfortable and made it thru the night! I slept there 3 nights in a row. The problem is, I snore! I guess it's because I'm on my back? Anyway, my hubby seemed so annoyed so I'm back in the hospital bed. Should I wait until I can sleep on my side or should my hubby just suck it up? It's got me so upset because we haven't slept in the same bed since July......seems like we never will again!
advertisement

Comments

• You're jumping between extremes. It isn't either or. You can get help with snoring even if you need to sleep on your back. Go see your regular doctor and ask for help. You can get several devices to help. Sometimes it is a simple as positioning. For some it is a sinus problem that requires surgery. Find out what it is first before giving up.

As for it being annoying, it is. It wakes me up. I make my wife move. Then it stops. When I do it she moves me. It doesn't happen often.

When I travel with my buddy to the track I don't room with him anymore. I get a my own room at the hotel. He snores like a freight train and refuses to do anything about it. I can't even wear shooting ear muffs and block it out. Why should I stay up all night listening to that and get no sleep? You wouldn't like it either if you were on the receiving end. So no, your husband doesn't need to just tough it.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,033
    I'd just like to say for the most part it is best for your spine to sleep on your back. I had learned to do that and stay on my back while sleeping probably 30 plus years ago under the advisement of my D.O. at that time. Now since I have had some spinal surgeries and fusions it is the only possible way for me to sleep, and yes, I do snore. My wife has brought it to my attention more than once and she snores at times to. But for the most part we are both tired enough by the end of the day that we sleep through any noises.
    I have always respected Z06's opinion so I hope you don't take offense Z, but I say mybaby05's hubby needs to put up and find a solution for sleeping
    lightly that snoring awakes him. Whether it be ear plugs or headphones there has to be a fix that will keep his wife by his side at night.
    take care,
    ranger
  • advertisement
  • thanks for the comments/advice. My husband did decide to have the hospial bed picked up this week so we shall see. I will be talking to my soon about snoring. It is very comfortable sleeping on my back but I have always been a side sleeper and do kind of miss it. I tried to side sleep with a pillow btwn my knees but it did hurt my back. We'll just have to wait and see how things go. I do feel that my husband should be compassionate about what I've been through and try to come up with a siolution as well......
  • thanks for the comments/advice. My husband did decide to have the hospial bed picked up this week so we shall see. I will be talking to my soon about snoring. It is very comfortable sleeping on my back but I have always been a side sleeper and do kind of miss it. I tried to side sleep with a pillow btwn my knees but it did hurt my back. We'll just have to wait and see how things go. I do feel that my husband should be compassionate about what I've been through and try to come up with a siolution as well......
advertisement