Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Ron surgery

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I'm thinking of you Ron and hoping that everything is going as planned. Hope you aren't in a lot of pain.

Has anyone heard from him post op?

Debbie
  • Hey PapaRon.

I've been thinking about you this week and hope the surgery went well and that you're resting comfortably.

Let us know how you're doing when you can, but be sure to rest and heal, heal, heal.

Take care of yourself!
    Cathie
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    ....and restful recovery, Ron!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• get well soon!! Jenny :)
  • I have a update from Ron, he is home, as of yesterday. Seems he developed a infection and had to stay some extra time. Seems the infection took more priority than the actually hip replacement.

Hopefully being home will allow him to begin his recovery, and be more comfortable. He does appreciate the well wishes and will be back on line when he is feeling up to it. When? Well only time will tell. So I am sure more prayers and positive thoughts will go along way in his recovery.
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    I am glad your home Ron, but sorry to hear you've had the complication that had prolonged your hospital stay.
    I hope from now on your recovery will be straightforward,

......Thank you for the update Tam

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Ron, Sorry to hear about the infection but hope that's all behind now and you'll began your recovery. Sending positive thoughts and a prayer you will be up and around pain free soon. >:D< Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    The update is much appreciated. I was really afraid something hadn't gone as planned.

I hope that the infection is cleared up and that he's now recovering comfortably at home. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks again Tam,
    Debbie
  • My prayers & thoughts remain...

I was suppose to be joining you in a double hip replacement this winter but decided to wait until next winter being as I am only 8 months out of a double knee replacement ;)

I will be watching and learning from you since you went first :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • for the update. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Ron!

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
advertisement