Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Anyone hear of or using "AdaptiveStm with RestoreSensor" stim?

MJMcDevittMMJMcDevitt Posts: 71
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Saw article in local newspaper about this. Looked it up on the internet and it looks good for me. Anyone hear of this??

Matt
advertisement

Comments

• This seems to be some fine tuning of a neurostimulator...that allows the signals to change when the patient changes body position...allowing the neurostimulator to be more responsive.

It was just FDA approved in late Fall of 2011 so I imagine the technology hasn't trickled down yet to most practicing pain management and spine doctors.
  • This is what i am having implanted tomorow morning, I was told it has that same feature as some iphones ir something like that the rep explained to me about,

I will know soon enough, I will try to post update soon as i am done with the implant tomorow,

If they have extra time i might get a sex change while i am put out, Eh?

I hope it works as they say it does, They told me it remembers like 6 positions,
    I told them i sleep at least in 24 positions so whats up with that,

And what if i make my big move in to the 7 th position while having sex i wonder,

We shall see!

Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • Best of luck to you. I hope it helps. Please let me know how it went. I go to the new doctor on March 15th.

Matt
  • Went Thursday to see the new pain management doctor. The PA told me that "on paper" I am a poster child for this implant. I need to review a DVD and fill out a questionaire and go back in a month. I also need to see a pain Psychologist and then they will do an external pack with leads implanted the same way they do epidurals. If I can take the sensation of the "stim" and it has some improvement I would be a candidate for the implant with the leads actually sutured to the nerves.

This is very uplifting right now.

Matt
  • I have a medtronics adaptive stimulator. what it does is recognize what position your body is in and adjusts to your preset settings for that position. I have upright, in motion, lying on back, lying on right and left side, standing. It's really a wonderful feature. Prevents you from having to make constant adjustments. When you go from standing to sitting the stimulation can be way over powering and your having to quickly adjust.
  • advertisement
  • I just had the AdaptiveStim implanted 6 days ago. While the IPG is on, I have to wait a couple more weeks to have the adaptive part programmed. I'm in a wheelchair so I won't have quite as many programs as some but I'm excited over the possibilities. It was described to me in a similar way as it was to Alex, in that it has an accelerometer inside that detects the position of the person and adjusts the stimulation level to accommodate how close or far the spinal cord is in relation to the leads.

Too bad it won't fix when you sneeze, cough, clear your throat, etc.
  • Got my head "shrunk" today! Had my appointment with the Pain Psycologist. She was pretty cool. Only took about 30 minutes. She said that she saw no reason that I should not have the trial for an SCS. I see the PM doc on May 10th to schedule the trial. Yea!

Matt
  • When i seen the shrink by the time i was done with him, he needed a team of shrinks to clear his head!

I think i might have put him in early retirement,

My scs implant went fine but ass was prety painfull where unit was implanted, Actualy it hurt like hell for about 2 weeks, Center of my back where leads went in had like a golf ball size buble and 3 times dr drew fluid out,

Its not too bad now, He said its because the skin traps fluid because of the previous surgeries and skin was cut on when i had open back surgery,

Met with rep 3 times and made adjustments but not where i would prefer the leads to be, It covers the nerve pain some but cant get it to the back of the legs,

I did not have the adaptive feature turned on yet because dr mentioned we can move the leads back a litle but that would be again another visit to the hospital so i decided to wait for now,

At this point i run it not so high where movement makes it too intense. I use it just below that level where it would cause any serious issue while bending,

Its helping some but its surely not a cure, I am not wasting the reps time turning on the adaptive feature untill i decide if leads are going to stay where they are at or posibly have dr move it,

My concern is leads end up being moved and it ends up covering less then what its covering now, Then i would again end up again going back in to move them again,

So no way do i want that, I am happy to finaly heal up and tierd of hospitals and drs poking around in my spine,

After the trial the dr knew where i needed the leads and it ended up where he put it and thats where it might stay, What do i look like a pin cushion and just keep poking around in my body as if i not had enough procedures done already,

We all reach a point to where enough is enough, No more surgery, No more procedure, Stick a fork in me i am done!

Matt. Good luck with the trial! Just make sure you start the scs on low so you dont zap yourself like i did on my 1 st trial, I turned it on and got zapped so hard i thought i seen god! Reps are not always smart enough to lower it after they adjust it at the dr office while you might be in a diferent position,

Thats the reason i got zapped,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • :)))
    Was advised today that my SCS trial will be on May 31st! Yea!

Will let you know what happens!

Matt
  • Gosh, this process does take forever! So excited for you! I have applied for same and am waiting. Please do let us know how you are doing and what the "test" is really like, for you! Saying a prayer and sending best wishes. Hang in there!
    MJMcDevitt said:
    :)))
    Was advised today that my SCS trial will be on May 31st! Yea!

Will let you know what happens!

Matt
advertisement