Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Cord Stimulators

advertisement

Comments

• Im so sorry, did I do something wrong? I only get to see my pain management doc every few months so I thought it would be ok to ask these questions on here in the meantime and get answers from real-life people that would give me true experiences. I feel like I have offended you in some way and I am truly sorry.
  • Im so sorry, did I do something wrong? I only get to see my pain management doc every few months so I thought it would be ok to ask these questions on here in the meantime and get answers from real-life people that would give me true experiences. I feel like I have offended you in some way and I am truly sorry.
  • advertisement
  • Sorry you misunderstood what I was saying. I've read lots of different experiences on how these doctors do the trial procedure. Mine was very anti-climatic. It was done in his procedure room with only a numbing agent administered. Some folks have the procedure done in a operating room. I was only suggesting that you should ask your doctor how he does the procedure.

B.
  • I'm not sure why my post posted 3 times! I've tried to go back and delete the extras but it denies me thee access. Anyway, I'm very thankful to hear I didn't offend you like I had thought. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. :) Knowledge is power!
  • advertisement
  • You are correct. It always helps to talk to people who have gone thru the same thing you are. Farther down the menu page you will find a section devoted to spinal cord stimulators. You can ask questions about the stimulator and also read what others have posted on this subject. I am sure it will be a big help to you.
    Good lick.

Patsy W
  • Both companies have good sites with information that may be very helpful to you in describing the process etc. Keep in mind they are there to sell a product, however. There is list of doctors on both sites who perform these surgeries and I would call around and find someone who is really experienced. And make sure your insurance will cover it! Thy are pricey gadgets and you will need Laminectomy to insert the leads and paddles.Hope that helps.

Wendy
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.