Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

It has been a while since i have posted!

Laney350zLLaney350z Posts: 34
edited 07/29/2012 - 5:45 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi all!

I haven't posted in a while and I am back with some crazy issues. These last two months I have dealt with 6 straight weeks of constant lower eyelid twitching. My neurologist put me on klonopin at bedtime and finally after 6 weeks it stopped. For the last year I have had persistent dizzy spells that have never really been diagnosed. The dizziness is so bad that I feel like I am going to faint. So far it hasn't reached that point. I always know when I am about to have a dizzy spell because my head will feel funny before hand. The dizziness isn't always induced by going fro. Sitting to standing but can be at times. I often feel off balance. It can be embarrassing. My PCP at one time thought maybe my blood pressure medicine needed reducing and so even after doing this the dizziness has continued. The neurologist has ruled out inner ear issues, also. My PCP suspects I may be having partial seizures but the neurologist disagrees. They did an Eeg Friday and I should know the result this week.

I have also been having visual distortions for about 4 weeks now. Just to avoid being repetitive I have added it to my medical history. I had my MRIs Thursday and should have those results this week, too.

The pa at the neuro told me they originally thought the issue with the occipital bone was congenital so they didn't address it further last year. He said that the right occipital bone is smaller than the left. They don't know why. Has anyone else ever dealt with anything like this. I have the exact wording of last years MRI in my medical history. Please share any advice/ feedback you may have.

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I am waiting with great anticipation:) LOL
  • Sorry my DROID has decided to work in slow mo! Ahhhh!
  • advertisement
  • Laney350z said:
    Sorry my DROID has decided to work in slow mo! Ahhhh!
    Now my first post looks like a goofy response...but we will keep it as a joke between you and me:) LOL

I'm sorry to hear you are having new issues:( I'm glad they did the testing including a MRI. Hopefully it is nothing serious. I have had eye twitching that will last for a few weeks and then go away. But I agree with the dizziness issue you needed to see the Neurologist.

When does the dizziness happen? Upon standing, or walking or reaching up for something? or just in general doing nothing specific?

I guess the next step if the MRI is clean is to look at an inner ear issue which can happen out of the blue sometimes which can cause one to be dizzy.

Again...it's good that you have a Dr. who is looking into this. I have had a pituitary brain tumor that was diagnosed back in 2006 but since I lost my insurance after my divorce...I have not been able to see a Dr. to do anymore follow up so you are definitely lucky to have insurance and get your symptoms monitored..

Keep us posted.
  • Laney350zLLaney350z Posts: 34
    edited 07/29/2012 - 6:28 AM
    Hi!
    Sorry to hear about your divorce and not having insurance any more
    I cannot imagine not having insurance right now.

They have checked for inner ear issues and everything checked out OK. My last really scary dizzy spell was at the grocery.store and I was just pushing the cart and talking to my daughter and my head felt weird and then I got.dizzy for about 30 seconds to a minute. After that I will feel faint and weak for a couple minutes and usually it will pass. My daughter said my face looked white when it happened. It scares me because I am thinking when will I actually get.to.the point when I do faint! It happens at work in front of patients all the time and I have to fake it, like nothing is wrong
    It interferes with every aspect of my life. It also happens when I file charts ( squat and stand back up) or if I m lying on the couch and get up fast...but at least then I know it is coming.
  • And isn't eye twitching one of the most annoying things to have to deal with!
  • advertisement
  • So I am so impatient that waiting till my appointment Friday to find out my results of my tests is killing me. I called today and all they would tell me is that the MRI that was repeated due to being questionable from last year is " stable." How does that even make sense?:
  • Usually that term will mean that there weren't any major changes from the last MRI or that anything has gotten worse if there was a diagnosis last time. Obviously I'm not a DR. though...LOL...but stable is always a good word:)

Was their any type of diagnosis last year?

I know it's hard not to have answers.....but try not to worry too much about the "what ifs"..

Keep us posted..
  • Anelsen15,
    I hope that you soon get something done for your issues. I am so frustrated with my situation that I going to see another neurologist for a second opinion. I. Tired of feeling bad and trying to work every day like everything is normal and be pushed to do more and more in less time on my job. It is physically breaking me. I had injections done for my thoracic herniation and it gave me about 4 months relief. Also, they have me taking. .5mg klonipin at bedtime and it has reduced the twitching to about once or twice a week (for now)
  • Laney350zLLaney350z Posts: 34
    edited 08/01/2012 - 7:18 AM
    Anelsen15,
    I hope that you soon get something done for your issues. I am so frustrated with my situation that I going to see another neurologist for a second opinion. I. Tired of feeling bad and trying to work every day like everything is normal and be pushed to do more and more in less time on my job. It is physically breaking me. I had injections done for my thoracic herniation and it gave me about 4 months relief. Also, they have me taking. .5mg klonipin at bedtime and it has reduced the twitching to about once or twice a week (for now)
  • So far they haven't given me a diagnosis. I have multiple lesions on my brain but they aren't specific to MS
    . I have so many issues that I just feel like I need someone new to look at everything and give a medical opinion.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.