Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

What now!!!!! Something on my MRI

I had a full spine MRI with and with out contrast Sat. morning. Being in that machine for 2 hours was pure torture. Fast forward to Monday morning and I receive a call at work from the hospital asking me to come back to the hospital and redo the T-spine portion of the MRI. There is something that needs more investigation. I went back Tuesday evening after work and had the test done. The MRI tech called me into the room and showed me what they were concerned about on the film. A spot on my spine about the size of a grape. She told me they cannot figure out what it is and are hoping it was caused by the way I was positioned during the MRI. After the repeat scan was done I asked is it still there? Unfortunately it was. So here I sit waiting and wondering. What the heck was it???????????? My appointment with the doctor is not until the 28th and I dont think Im going to be able to wait that long to find out. Part of me wants to get a copy of the test and find out and the other part of me thinks I should just wait. Patience is not one of my virtues! The Dr that ordered the test is a new Dr and I am not familiar with her protocol such as will she call if something is wrong or wait for my appointment. The waiting is driving me crazy!


  • That must be so nerve racking to not know and have to wait to get the results of your MRI evaluated! I really hope it's nothing serious. I would call the doctor's office and explain your situation. Most places now allows the doctor to see the image from their office without you having to bring your copy to the office. This is the case if the doctor is affiliated with the imaging center. Give them a call and see if you doctor can pull the MRI from her computer and you can even discuss this over the phone. Worth a try? I hate waiting, too! Good luck!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Please be sure to come back and tell us what it is! I really feel for you having to wait through the long weekend for any info. Wishing you the best!
  • advertisement
  • backache99backache99 Posts: 1,314
    edited 08/24/2012 - 5:43 PM
    maybe its a cyst?
    lets hope its nothing that can't be fixed good luck
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Good luck. I would ask for a copy when one is sent to the doctor. Also ask for a copy of the radiology report.
    When is the doctor's appointment?
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    The report states possibilities of discitis, osteomyelitis and or surounding cellulites. I dont know much about any of these conditons and was schocked to read that the mri department call my phy to talk over the discoveries on 8/20 at 9;35am. if they were concerned enough to place a call to my Dr then why would i have heard nothing from her. Has anyone else dealt with any of these conditions?
  • advertisement
  • BlueSkiesBBlueSkies Posts: 59
    edited 08/25/2012 - 4:30 PM
    Osteomyelitis is an infection in your bone, and that is nothing to play around with. Likewise cellulitis can become a widespread problem and if it is MRSA or some other resistant bacterium, it can be something that takes a lot of work to fix. I wouldn't be surprised if you were admitted asap for IV antibiotics. Hopefully you can just take Cipro or something and knock it out, but they'll want to watch it carefully.
  • JoydancerJJoydancer Posts: 463
    edited 08/25/2012 - 5:17 PM
    to get the results from your Dr. and also getting a full explanation of what it is being reported to be in your T-Spine.

    Blue Skies, that's some info you were able to provide re: osteomyelitis.

    Gosh, sorry u have the weekend with this information and having to get to to Monday, Susan. Giving the benefit of the doubt on your Dr. possibly got overloaded with patient issues or emergency, but that doesn't help you from needing a full assessment and answer to your questions.

    Heart-thoughts are with you, Karen, as u get thru this weekend - - hopefully surrender this gap of the unknown and not fill it with fear/worry. If you can, trust the process, "one-step-at-at-time" and you will soon get a thorough assessment and answers to your questions very soon and things will into place if you need to seek treatment.

  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    edited 08/28/2012 - 10:25 AM
    going to get along. First off Ill tell the results of my mris. The mri states Abnormal signal intensity in the l5-s1 vertebral bodies and thickening and enhancement of the soft tissues anterior and posterior .The enhancement is approximately 7.5 mm in thickness posterior vertebral bodies The possibility of infection osteomyelitis or discitis should be considered given the Mri appearence.
    My Dr says I am going to send you to a neurosurgeon because I dont know what this is. Hmmmmm ok at least she admits it. Then proceeds to tell me she will not be filling my prescriptions because they found Percocet in my drug screen. Made no sense to me since you prescribed them. She then tells me that she did not prescribe them so I pulled the bottle out of my purse and handed it to her. I also informed her Im sure my pharmacist has a copy on file that perhaps she should give them a call. I was very nice about it and even told her the pain management Drs must cover their as# and I understand that but she should of taken 5 minutes to go over my file and this would of never been a issue. Then I told her I was insulted by her implications. She told me to watch my mouth that this is her practice and she will not be spoken to like that Of course at this point I couldnt keep my mouth shut. I said " I heard you were a good DR but difficult to get along with, that I can deal with but to accuse me of flunking a drug screen with a medication you prescribed and refusing to apologize for the error is not going to work for me.. She says "what if I do a drug screen now, will you pass" I told her to give me a cup but I will not do it until she verifies what medications she has prescribed for me. So I did the new drug screen and guess what the percs were still there, lol. She wasnt amused. It looks like Ill be going back to my family doctor and tell him this Dr is not gonna be a good fit for me and he needs to send me somewhere else. I cant see dealing with her for the next couple of years let alone another visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.