Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck Surgery

hello my name Mrs brown. I had surgery on my neck in may and I been in a lot of pain could someone tell me what it may be and/or what I can do? its been pain in my neck arm shoulder and back.
advertisement

Comments

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. What kind of surgery did you have on your neck in May, and at what levels? If you had a fusion surgery do you know if it is completely fused. Sense the surgery did the pain get better at first then get worse? Keep in mind we are not doctors just patients are self, but we can tell you what we have gone through. Is the pain constant or on and off? What kind of pain is it, stabbing, burning, numbness and so on. When is the last time you had any imaging done on your neck? Have the done any other treatments sense the surgery in May?

If you give us a little more information maybe one of us can help you by what we have gone through. For example at my 6 month check-up it was clear I had developed a condition called Psuedoarthrosis. I had lots of pain in my arms and neck. The pain following surgery had gotten better some, but never went away, but then it got progressive worse. In some cases if hardware is used, there could be a issue with the hardware, which that can be verified with a hardware block.

Anyway just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • Tx_pjmomTTx_pjmom Posts: 5
    edited 12/11/2012 - 1:53 PM
    I am also a neck surgery patient. I have had ACDF @ C5-C6 in November 2010 and the another surgery 3mos later ACDF C4-C5. I am STILL in PAIN and a little frustrated right now because my pain meds are not working and I am now uninsured do to some pretty shady crap from my ex-employer. I have a pain doc whom I never see, I see her/his PA each month in which they rush me in and out. I want a CURE for the pain, a CAUSE of the pain and then a FIX for the pain instead of giving me prescriptions that DO NOT work. Right now, I am on 1- 75mg Lyrica per day, 20mg Oxcycontin twice per day and Hydrocodone 10/325 for breakthrough. My RX bill a month is over 550.00 and the dr visits are 140.00. We are a low income family since I cannot work. I have become a very moody, anxious mess since the surgery and I am just wanting SO MUCH for RELIEF. I know how you feel and I hope that you get a good pain management doctor to help you.
    Stacy
  • advertisement
  • I am also a neck surgery patient. I have had ACDF @ C5-C6 in November 2010 and the another surgery 3mos later ACDF C4-C5. I am STILL in PAIN and a little frustrated right now because my pain meds are not working and I am now uninsured do to some pretty shady crap from my ex-employer. I have a pain doc whom I never see, I see her/his PA each month in which they rush me in and out. I want a CURE for the pain, a CAUSE of the pain and then a FIX for the pain instead of giving me prescriptions that DO NOT work. Right now, I am on 1- 75mg Lyrica per day, 20mg Oxcycontin twice per day and Hydrocodone 10/325 for breakthrough. My RX bill a month is over 550.00 and the dr visits are 140.00. We are a low income family since I cannot work. I have become a very moody, anxious mess since the surgery and I am just wanting SO MUCH for RELIEF. I know how you feel and I hope that you get a good pain management doctor to help you.
    Stacy