Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Day 6 after surgery and pain is much worse

advertisement

Comments

• Sounds like you are getting back on the right track! I really hate to hear that your doc told you no limits and that you cannot undo what he did! Reality is that you can cause damage in there if you push too hard. I am over 5 months post-op now and I still have limits for myself. My activity levels did not increase dramatically until the last 4-6 weeks. Esp considering the amounts of pain you had the first few weeks.

I did walking only first 2 weeks then moved on to 14 weeks of PT. It seems most dont need that much PT but for me it was necessary. It taught me limits of activity & stretching & good excersices to do. I also had a great therapist who gave me alot of support & understanding of the ups & downs after back surgery.

The big risk is feeling better and thinking, oh yeah I can do that. Well whatever that is dont do it. Take it slow & easy and gradual into whatever activities you wanna do. Dont rush it! Just like deb says, you gotta listen to your body. Many of the setbacks I had were delayed reactions. It felt ok when I did it but then I was hurting & freaking out for days after! Remember you had back surgery on your spine! However minimally invasive it was it is still spine surgery!!!

Good Luck, I hope you keep getting better and avoid many of the setbacks I had!!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!