Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Headaches and nausea post microD

Hi,
I underwent a L5-S1 micro discectomy three days ago after four years of leg left leg pain.
Post op, the surgeon told me they had accidentally punctured my duramater but had quickly patched it up. Nonetheless, the surgeon placed me on 24-hrs flat bed rest in case there was any CSF leaking. After getting up they released me home. No back pain no headaches.

After I got home I noticed increasingly painful headaches when sitting or standing. My surgeon told me to go immediately to the ER fearing a CSF leak. An MRI thankfully dispelled those fears and the doctors are stumped as to why I continue to have headaches.

I'm in day three now and have to eat, drink, and spend all day laying down. A trip to the toilet results in a pounding headache accompanied by dry heaving. I have been eating more now, but still down in spirits.

Anyone else experience something like this. I'm just taking extra strength Tylenol , anti nausea, and Valium meds.
advertisement