Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

"Was" Athlete now had MicroD L4-5, and recovering on youtube!

Lee sLLee s Posts: 2
edited 02/25/2013 - 9:52 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi guys

I fenced for GB until a strange ache down my leg. You can guess the rest!

Heres my series of vids

Lee

x
advertisement

Comments

• That's about as interesting as having a root canal , Micro D surgery is realy the least invasive surgery that is done and fast recovery usualy as long as the disc holds up,

It's not a heart transplant or organ transplant so documenting a fearly comon procedure such as micro d recovery is like me documenting my next root canal recovery !

It only gets complicated when removing part of the disc fails to resolve the problem as too much of the disc had to be removed and now total disc has to be removed,
    Then you facing fusion or artificial disc replacement,

But if the micro d surgery is enough then things are pretty much back to normal and it's no brain surgery,

Good luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Cheers genius.

I found it useful looking at other people's vids.

If you were considering this surgery you would find it interesting...
  • advertisement
  • bpreachersbbpreachers Posts: 146
    edited 02/26/2013 - 4:52 AM
    alexhurting said:
    That's about as interesting as having a root canal , Micro D surgery is realy the least invasive surgery that is done and fast recovery usualy as long as the disc holds up,

It's not a heart transplant or organ transplant so documenting a fearly comon procedure such as micro d recovery is like me documenting my next root canal recovery !

It only gets complicated when removing part of the disc fails to resolve the problem as too much of the disc had to be removed and now total disc has to be removed,
    Then you facing fusion or artificial disc replacement,

But if the micro d surgery is enough then things are pretty much back to normal and it's no brain surgery,

Good luck,
    Alex

Just because you do not consider a surgery to be overly invasive does not mean that everyone's experience will be the same. There is not one reason to be a jerk to someone simply for trying to be helpful to others who may have or have had that surgery. Sure there are worse surgeries but this site is not a pissing contest so why bother with trying to downplay this persons experiences. If you already knew you would think it was boring why did you even click the video links? Did you just want to talk down to someone for taking the time to document their recovery?
  • Good luck on your root canal Alex, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Everyone is scared when they have back surgery no matter bg or small.

Take care everyone, and remember to floss ( the nerves and the teeth)
  • catfishmanccatfishman Posts: 185
    edited 02/26/2013 - 3:30 PM
    lee s, i appreciate you posting your videos, its always good to hear good outcomes. you can keep me updated, i wont be an xxx like the post above.
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,305
    I dont want this one going down the tubes.
    So, please stick to the topic and lets not do any member bashing, making fun of someone, etc
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Was not at all intended as a pissing contest, Was simply pointing out simple post about the outcome of the surgery is sufficient or questions about the surgery if there is any is the norm , Often YouTube links lead to spam or to information which often lead to spine health rule violation as moderators have no ability to edit it,

I have done searches on YouTube for many procedures myself in the years,
    But found medical information provided on spine health website from medical experts along with videos of procedures more informative along with personal conversation with other members on spine health,

Postings of links to other websites that can't be monitored i thought was still a violation but i could be wrong ,
    If I am wrong then my apology ,

Ok have fun guys, I am late for my root canal appointment , Good luck in your recovery,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,305
    We did so on this thread. After reviewing it, we determined that there was no harm in the actual YouTubes identified.
    We have rejected and deleted URLs that we felt was inappropriate. There have been times that we have had to bring in Spine-Health technical and business office to get a reading on a URL

Alex is correct in his statement that monitoring those external links is difficult at best. A personal URL today can be changed to include items that are in fact violations to Spine-Health rules. That is almost impossible to monitor, that is why each external URL needs our reviews.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Hope you continue to a full recovery. Just please be patient with gradually getting back to your training as it would be horrible if you re-herniated your disc! My doctor told me not to go to physical therapy until week 6 so it will be interesting to see what my therapist has me do.
advertisement