Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

(Sigh) I failed my PM drug test

Comments

• While I am not an expert I believe that the standard drug tests given in the office cannot distinguish between opiates. The confirmation tests and some of the more expensive tests can. Also, if this doctor prescribed the medicine that you took you really need to talk to him if you haven't already. Also, if you are willing to submit to a pill count which I assume is your oxycodone, why did you take the hydrocodone to begin with? Go to his office, with or without an appointment and bring all of your medicine.
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 04/15/2013 - 6:48 PM
    The problem that you have is that you took medication that may very well been prescribed to you at one time, however, you took it and it is not a part of your current treatment plan. You said that you took hydrocodone that was prescribed by him over a year ago, two days before your visit with him. YOU broke the contract. It is not that you went to the ER and got morphine, it is that you took it upon yourself to take meds not currently prescribed to you, so he was well within his rights as your doctor to dismiss you.
    In almost every contract out there for pain management it says very explicitly that you are not to take meds not currently prescribed as part of your treatment plan without talking to/clearing it with him first..You do not have a legal recourse, so threatening to sue him is going to get you nowhere but further will prevent any doctor from taking you on as a patient.
    Yes, they have to provide a copy of your records to your next doctor, since many PM offices require the records to come directly from the previous treating physician, so you are going to have to explain to any new doctor what happened.
    I'm sorry but if you have been in pain management for four years , you must've been aware that you taking those vicoden was not allowed. No matter what reasons you felt were the basis for doing it, none of that matters when it comes to compliance. Whether or not you knew that you were going to be tested is irrelevant, testing is supposed to be random for a reason......unannounced and comes when you least expected it.
  • advertisement
  • [Deleted User][[Deleted User] Posts: 11
    edited 03/27/2015 - 11:45 AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.