Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stopped since Jan.4 so over 5 months with Champix

I quit smoking with Champix, Chantix all the same..and only took them for a few weeks and still have quit aince stopping them.. See your Dr. for assistance to help you with meds or other means possible. I find the shortness of breath just leaving now and I was not a heavy smoker.

Your back and dehydrated discs and lungs and heart will thank you. The pills take away the craving completely for me anyway. Never give up quitting. Charry
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• I quit cold turkey almost 5 years ago and it was best thing I've ever done. My son is just beginning chantix as of last week, we're praying it works out for him too. I remember reading that you were trying to quit, so glad it's working for you!
    Gary
  • charry said:
    I quit smoking with Champix, Chantix all the same..and only took them for a few weeks and still have quit aince stopping them.. See your Dr. for assistance to help you with meds or other means possible. I find the shortness of breath just leaving now and I was not a heavy smoker.

Your back and dehydrated discs and lungs and heart will thank you. The pills take away the craving completely for me anyway. Never give up quitting. Charry
    Hi Charry,

Glad to know that you quit smoking. I have seen many people do this by their own sheer willpower. The reason behind this is that they do care their families. A good reason to quit smoking: If you smoke, your kids will.
  • advertisement
  • Didn't work for me my mouth started swelling but I was off. 2 weeks. Still haven't kicked with zyban
    Vicki
  • it is very bad for our health.so i am so glad to know that you quite smoking.
  • Hi, It is nice to hear that you quit smoking. I just want to know if it is available in India. Can you help me with details?
    regards.
    sturgnc said:
    I smoked heavily. I used everything, patches, gum, candy, everything. Then my doctor prescribed me Zyban. I took it for one month. That was three years ago and I am still not smoking! I will not lie, you still crave a smoke but, the feeling leaves as quickly as it comes! It is THE best thing I have EVER done for myself! I encourage all smokers to try and stop or at least cut back.

I know smokers hate a non smoker lol. But really just try to cut back a little. You will be amazed how much better you will feel. Thanks for listening! lol........Jim
    swami
  • advertisement
  • mickkrmmickkr Posts: 166
    edited 09/07/2013 - 6:40 AM
    Swami
    **EDITED TO REMOVE LINK**
    Check with your doctor before taking anything like this.

Mick
    I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • Swami it seems an Indian government health service information site is deemed a commercial solicitation.
    I have sent you a pm with the link.
    Mick
    I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.