Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medtronics SCS vs Boston Scientific SCS

advertisement

Comments

• Walt
    Thanks for the post and the electrical side of this treatment. After the holidays I hope to get in touch with you and make some more comparisons that may help any one else make.a.choice. I know a lot of doctors lock in with one company which I think is a big mistake.
    I have a bug this week not related to the Stim and not up to thinking much right now.
    I do feel either unit can be very good for most people when a SCS will help.
    It's interesting how the push of a button takes care of pain in a flash.

Talk with you soon
    Rick
  • Six months out from implant of BOSTON unit and so far so good. Both the medtronics and Boston units are working great. No difference between the two yet. I do have a new issue and had CT .mylogram last week and find out tomorrow what is causing the new issue.
  • advertisement
  • I am a new user of this forum and please forgive me if at times I may look stupid but that will be when I really don't understand and I will have to have an explanation like I am 6 years old!! Thanks for your patience Mpilant60 user
  • Good thing my medtronic allows for MRI...I had 3 done this month. All should have been done before this was put in. My discs continue to herniate in t spine, L spine, I have issues with SI Joints, hips and bursitis. The SCS was put in for upper back and shoulder spasm. Now, he's trying to tell me I have fibromyalgia. Although my one and only symptom is bi lat muscle pain in shoulders. ????? My neck discs have apparently healed some, good but still God Awful spasm. How do you get these guys to sit down and take you serious??
  • advertisement
  • Hi Rick, my name is Brian and I recently had the trail for the Medtronic Stimulator, but today, my mother-in-law is having the BS implanted today. I was just trying to figure out what the difference is?

I am 35 and the pain I suffer is termendou. I think many people think I cannot be in so much pain. I am having surgery on December 13 to have the Medtronic implanted, and last week, my employer took my salary and tried putting me in a full commission position that I cannot do due to my pain. I only mention this because I said I do not think people believe the pain I have. I had a surgery last year which failed. I also have trapped nerves in my neck and spinal stenosis. I have been taking strong pain meds for years and they really do not get rid of the pain, but the stimulator made me feel like I am 35 and not 30 years older. I had to leave my job but nothing will stop me from having this surgery.

I was going to cancel it because I was not confident it was going to help me; however, my wife convinced me I should try and it made me feel like a new person. I saw someone else mention their pain got worse after the trail, which mine has also got worse. I am not sure if it because I may have overdone things when I had the relief. Has anyone had a stimulator for a long period? Can a person do the things he or she could not do before or is it something that much care still needs to be taken? I am so looking forward to feeling my age and running, stopping pain meds, and all the other benefits of these wonderful devices.

I know I asking the difference in the two, but I will be very thankful for any advice from people that have through it already.

Thank you,

Brian
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.