Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

epidutal injection

Scheduled for next Fri morning...:( dreading it. Hope they put me out.

Going look up articals ....they didn't say if its just one or all my neck...I know I have 2 good bones..

(Sigh)... I go look it up.
advertisement

Comments

• I've had 3 and each of them felt different
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • The ones I had in my neck were tougher than my back but they used twilight sedation which doesn't require total dark.
    Hopefully you get some relief and take it easy if you do. They can help if you use them appropriately, to let the inflammation resolve and not use it to push harder and injure further.
  • advertisement
  • They didn't give any relief. But they tell me it could still work in my neck. They put me out both times.

Had head ache. With first one but second one was ok. Just the thought makes me cringe! Lol!

Probably shouldn't have looked it up!! But I can't hold my granbaby an look at her. Sister holds her while I love on her..not sure injections would help that anyway. Have to sit to hold her cuz my back....

Well we see...
  • In 02 I had an injection go south in my neck, the fourth one I think, and I had a paralyzing headache as a result. I ended up on morphine along with the other wonderful narcotics they had given me for the ongoing pain. It was the beginning if the end. In 2/2003 I ODd on the meds and barely lived through the ordeal. That's when I got off everything and it was a year and a half later that they finally fused ACDF C456 and it was successful.

Necks are very successful is what my surgeon told me and I never doubted or looked back. It was an immediate fix.
  • RennersChickRRennersChick Posts: 228
    edited 10/12/2013 - 2:48 PM
    64pvolvo1800 said:
    The ones I had in my neck were tougher than my back but they used twilight sedation which doesn't require total dark.
    Hopefully you get some relief and take it easy if you do. They can help if you use them appropriately, to let the inflammation resolve and not use it to push harder and injure further.
    The Epidurals had no lasting affects on me and ultimately had surgery a little over a month ago. Doing MUCH better now!!
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • advertisement
  • I have had 6 and I have had good, but not lasting results with all except 1. They did not put me out and I felt a little stinging. Tip 1 is if you can have a massage a couple days before that can break down scar tissue which will help in the ESI reducing inflammation. Tip 2 give it a couple days to feel better, with my first one, I thought this is not working and about 6 days after I felt a BIG difference. They lasted about 6-8 weeks, I could get more done and took less meds. The one I had that did not work lasted only a week, but I did not have the massage beforehand. I would do them again, but I said to a friend it is like that movie "Awakenings" and you are Deniro knowing that that the benefits are going to end. Someone I know had 3 in her lower back and she said that gave her enough relief till she healed, hasn't had one in 10 years.
  • Just wake me when its all over! Lol! Thank u all. You have made me feel somewhat better about it.

My imagination runs away with me an I thing its mad sciences with long needlesdoing horrible things to my neck!!! Lol.

I know not true but still!
  • AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,544
    edited 10/14/2013 - 12:50 PM
    I can't believe they sedate you before they do an ESI. I just got a local numbing and then they were done. Easier than going to the dentist, lol.
  • I think they took one look at me an said we better put her out!!! Lol!

I don't think I could b still for it. For real..
  • RennersChickRRennersChick Posts: 228
    edited 10/14/2013 - 4:21 PM
    necksoup said:
    I can't believe they sedate you before they do an ESI. I just got a local numbing and then they were done. Easier than going to the dentist, lol.
    They didn't put me out for the first one, but they gave me Valium thru an IV and it pretty much knocked me out. After that, I didn't do it any more because it wasn't as bad as my mind had made it out to be.
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
advertisement