Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Feet and ankles hurting and swelling

Hi everyone!

Just to give a little history before I begin: I have a bulging disc at L5-S1 and L4-L5 with nerve damage in both legs, the right being significantly worse than the left.. I also have sacroiliac joint dysfunction and lumbar facet syndrome.

A few days ago, I started having pain in my right foot. It felt as though I had severely bruised it, but there was no bruise to be seen and I never banged it on anything or hurt it in anyway. Starting yesterday, both my feet started hurting and my feet and ankles swelled up to about twice their normal size. The swelling has not gone down and they still hurt. I noticed that my back (bulging disc with nerve damage in both legs) and sacroiliac pain has increased significantly as well. I iced both feet and ankles and kept them elevated as well.

Is the swelling and pain in my ankles and feet related to the disc and nerve damage or the SIJD?

I currently take Tizanadine 6mg 2-3x/day, Gabapentin 800mg 3x/day, Norco 10/325 3x/day, and Trazadone 100mg 1x/day for sleep. I know that the Gabapentin can cause swelling in the extremities, but I have been on it for quite a while with no side effects.
advertisement