Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

WORK COMP/independent exam help ASAP!!!

CapsdadCapsdad Posts: 92
edited 12/10/2013 - 10:26 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I'm worried and need some help. I just found out work comp gave me a case worker. Now this case worker is setting up an independent medical exam. I don't like this. I've heard all the bad stuff. She has read all my files and knows I still need a disc fusion. She wants me to find a new doc completely. I've expressed all my concerns to her. What does this mean for my work comp case and does this affect a possible settlement in any way?
Left side MicroD l5-s1 2/7/13. Re herniated immediately
Revision bilateral MicroD and posterior lumbar decompression 9/9/13. Failed. L5-S1 fusion on 3/6/14.
advertisement

Comments

• No one knows anything about IME?
    Revision bilateral MicroD and posterior lumbar decompression 9/9/13. Failed. L5-S1 fusion on 3/6/14.
  • LTee43LTee43 Posts: 436
    edited 01/22/2014 - 4:45 AM
    Being that your case worker knows you need surgery, I wouldn't worry. Most of the IMEs I've had (car accident case) were tailored to discontinue me from a specific treatment. It seems that your exam might just be a formality.

You'll still wind up with a settlement, later than sooner. WC claims are notoriously slow to settle.

LT
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • advertisement
  • CapsdadCapsdad Posts: 92
    edited 01/31/2014 - 12:08 PM
    my ime is on the 30th. the problem is with all this time they're edit me out of it by making me wait, my pain is getting worse and now it's in both legs and i'm getting new pains. i'm a scared to death of a fusion but i can't take this pain anymore. it's ruining my life

post edited for inappropriate language by sandi.
    please see the link below-the spine-health moderator team

https://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/inappropriate-language

• If you feel they are doing something illegal or unethically, consult an attorney to see what can be done. WC varies so much between all the States that it makes giving advice kind of hard.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • EMS Guy said:
    If you feel they are doing something illegal or unethically, consult an attorney to see what can be done. WC varies so much between all the States that it makes giving advice kind of hard.

Keith
    It never hurts to have a WC lawyer. In NY, they get paid a flat fee and not by a percentage like other lawyers. So their case loads are huge. Mine made sure I got paid on a regular basis and fought to get me certain procedures and out of pocket expenses paid back to me.

LT
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • advertisement
advertisement