Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Had First Epi on C5/C6 on 12/17 - results....

Yes, finally the shot was given after months of waiting and waiting to get it scheduled thru the VA (Veterans Admin Healthcare). It has been two days. My results are this.... First, the shot went fine with no complications. Initially, I didn't know for sure if I felt better or not. Now I am sure, I am not better. I have increased burning in my left foot with random tingling anywhere on my left side. I even feel a pain going upwards toward my chin, something that I had never felt. My left hand is somewhat okay, but maybe only 20% better. Doctor said I had some arthritis at the injection site and I still have bulging discs... that has not changed.

I did sleep really good the last two nights without any medication, although I did take 250 mg of Vicodin yesterday which is not very much. I also had flushing in my face, perhaps some allergic reaction to all the stuff they shot into me. But that is not serious and this morning, I'm not noticing that. No swelling or other negative signs, except... did the shot really work? I don't think so. I seem to have increased muscle spasms since my neck is really cracking good today when I move.

I feel I am in the first stages of looking for surgery to fix this before it gets any worse. I don't want to wait too much longer. It has been 6 months since the tingling and numbness began but much longer for the shoulder pain. (click on my name to see the full story... put it there so I don't have to repeat).

Questions for forum. Has anyone done a shot and felt the flushness in the face? How about very groggy, mentally afterwards?
60 year old male: See my Medical History tor full report on my condition, now diagnosed as Cervical Stenosis C5/C6 and C6/C7 moderate to severe.
advertisement