Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

C6C7 disc protrusion compresses the nerve roots on the left side as well as

Regard to all of you from Ireland.
My name is Sofi and for the past 2.5 weeks i had pain that goes through my led arm and down the neck. Did MRI which showed
C6C7 disc protrusion compresses the nerve roots on the left side with evidence of marked of secondary marked spinal stenosis
Went yesterday to see specialist, He gave me 4 weeks to rest and do nothing and see if I will have less pain. In case the pain stays the same or increase, I would need surgery of C6C7 removal of disc without putting any implant in. Cut would be made through the from side of my neck. He informed me about the risk of operation.
I don’t know what to do, I am a twin mum to 8 months old g/b and I have to fix my health asap. I have to say that pain that I have is manageable so its not that I am dying from pain. My partner took time off work to give me a chance to rest.
What would be your opinion, would I do operation or not. Is there any alternative treatment to this, can any exercise help? I asked dr he told me to do nothing, and I don’t understand how is that possible.
I would appreciate any comments from members. Thanks in advance

ps. is there any way to attach the picture of my spine scan here?


  • We can't comment on the results of your MRI, however, if surgery would relieve the compression of the nerve root and thus allow you to return to your life, why would you not?
    The recovery period can be difficult to get through, but once you do, and it relieves the symptoms that you have, then you can resume your life and continue it.
    The decision to have surgery is one that can only be made by you, in consult with your surgeon and your family.....
  • Thank you Sandi.
    I am not afraid of operations, the problem that i have is i have 8 months old twins so its quite hard even with a lot of help not to do nothing after operation for a3-4 months( i understood that is the period i have to be careful or i might be wrong). I was thinking if i can hold on until they are a bit bigger-mobile do have operation done. Or it could be better to get it done sooner than later. I am not in too much pain at the moment even though mri shows different.
    Can pt or an other treatment help relieving the pressure of the nerve?
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.